Join now - be part of our community!

WHITE LINE

profile.country.GB.title
Gally36
Explorer

WHITE LINE

I HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED A FAINT WHITE LINE THAT IS PRESENT HORIZONTALY AT THE TOP EDGE OF THE PICTURE, IT DOESNT AFFECT THE PJCTURE BUT NOT SURE WHAT IT IS.  THANKS

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you able to take a photo of it and post it on these forums - as you might understand, its hard to know what it is unless seeing it.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Gally36
Explorer

HERE IS A PIC OF THE LINEimage.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
Gally36
Explorer

HI, YES I HAVE PKSTED A PIC. THANKS
profile.country.GB.title
Gally36
Explorer

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THIS FAINT WHIYE LINE IS AT THE TOP OF THE PICTURE.  THANKS

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Gally36 wrote:

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THIS FAINT WHIYE LINE IS AT THE TOP OF THE PICTURE.  THANKS

LMGTFY:-

white line at top of tv picture

Paste the above into Google and all will be revealed....

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Gally36
Explorer

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
profile.country.GB.title
Gally36
Explorer

I HAVE TRIED GOOGLING BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY EXPLANATION FOR THIS, SO, ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP.  

P.EASE DONT  POST ANY STUPID REMARKS PLEASE.

THANK YOU

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Seems similar to this:

https://community.sony.gr/t5/android-tv/dark-patch-on-right-of-kd55xd7005bu-screen/m-p/2266482#M1450...

Not specificaly white but Gray Uniformity.

If so, then it is an LCD screen issue. It’s entirely down to the panel you get, according to article Quinnicus gives.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Gally36 wrote:

I HAVE TRIED GOOGLING BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY EXPLANATION FOR THIS, SO, ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP.  

P.EASE DONT  POST ANY STUPID REMARKS PLEASE.

THANK YOU

You have been given clue, but you don't seem to be able to accept it 😞

No wonder you are still in the dark.

But let me try one last time......

Start a browser. Type the text string I gave above into the Search box.

See which, if any, of the many results chimes in with your issue.

Here are the results I got. I do not know why you could not have done this for yourself?

You can lead a horse to water....

I can't, of course, say which one it might be, but it may well be you have your picture size set to something exact, instead of (say) the 16:9 that will use overscan to adjust this.

Or call this another stupid remark, and you will never get any help from me ever again. Your choice.....

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking