Join now - be part of our community!

Update 3.888

profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Update 3.888

Had this update come down yesterday, and was wondering how it's going for everyone?  I'm hoping it will be the last before Android 7 Nougat. I have a Sony KD-55X8507C

Jeffrey Cooper
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to clarify, the update is version 3.885 and yes, this is the last update before Nougat (Android 7.0).

Cheers

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

So no more bug fixes for the next half year. And you can be sure that Nougat introduces new issues rather than fixing old ones (see audio passthrough via new IEC API).

Good job Sony...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Id like to be a little more optimistic than 'half year' - but Sony has proven me wrong many times :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

My bad eyes. I misread the release number. According to the notes, amongst things like another HDR format I've never heard of, a fix for sound glitches on the Sonos soundbar is mentioned. Now I don't have a bar, but I do own a Sony DN860, and I was getting the occasional sound blip. Post update, it seems to have gone. 

Im hoping that the Nougat update when we get it, won't be half baked and reintroduce previous it's like the reboot issues suffered by many here. That's now gone for me, and the TV is stable and faster to respond. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than it was. 

Lets hope this this continues for everyone. 

Jeffrey Cooper