Join now - be part of our community!

TV turns on and off itself

SOLVED
profile.country.SK.title
PeterBalogh
Explorer

TV turns on and off itself

I own a KD-55XE8096 Sony tv that was purchased in 2017. It turns on and off lately especially in the evening after turning off. A minute later it turns on and after 1-2 seconds it turns off and that goes on and on and on. Very disturbing at night. I have the latest software update installed, did it a month ago or so and I have a Sony bluray player a Sony soundbar and a Nintendo Switch connected to it with HDMI. I have no idea what is going on. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@PeterBalogh 

Disconnect all three devices and see if the issue stops.

If it does, reconnect them one by one, and see what is provoking it. Start with the Nintendo.

If it happens even with nothing connected, how is it connected to the internet? If wired, disconnect that; if WiFi turn it off.

If that stops the issue, look for a connectivity setting called something like ‘Wake on Lan’ and turn it off if it is on.

If none of these steps fix it or find it, see if a Factory Reset brings any improvement.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@PeterBalogh 

Disconnect all three devices and see if the issue stops.

If it does, reconnect them one by one, and see what is provoking it. Start with the Nintendo.

If it happens even with nothing connected, how is it connected to the internet? If wired, disconnect that; if WiFi turn it off.

If that stops the issue, look for a connectivity setting called something like ‘Wake on Lan’ and turn it off if it is on.

If none of these steps fix it or find it, see if a Factory Reset brings any improvement.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.SK.title
PeterBalogh
Explorer

Many thanks for your tips and advices. 

I have disconnected the Nintendo first as you said and it seems to be "sleeping" after turning off the telly and it does not live its own life. If it occurs again, I will follow with the other ones. 

Keep reading Sony manuals :slight_smile: