Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar connection failed - I've had enough

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

Soundbar connection failed - I've had enough

So tonight all connectivity to the soundbar failed.  Just switched back to the TV's speakers whilst I was watching and nothing I do will make sound emanate from the soundbar again - if I switch the TV to "Audio System" I just get silence.

I've tried every combination of power cycling both the TV and soundbar and even a full factory reset of the TV to no avail.

Just submitted a support ticket to Sony but frankly I've had enough.  I love the image quality of this set but I've had problem after problem with it and it's infernal Android OS.  I want it fixed pronto or replaced with something that's fit for purpose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

Well I left it all overnight, didn't even unplug anything, just left both TV and bar in standby.

Turned the TV on this morning and lo and behold, it's working again!

I despair.  Good that it's working but still livid that this kind of thing happens in the first place and there's no fix other than to just wait and pray.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am unsure on what soundbar brand/model you have, or whether you have connected it via optical or HDMI.  But have a read of this and see if it helps:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

It's a Sony HT-CT390 and the TV is an XD93.

Thanks for the link, will have a look tomorrow.  If I look at it again tonight I think I'll end up throwing something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thowing this out there as I have seen this from time to time, but if you have connected both optical cable and HDMI cable via HDMI-ARC, then just remove the optical cable. 

profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

No optical, just HDMI ARC.  Been working absolutely fine for ages then just packed up for no reason.

Have factory reset both the TV and the soundbar to no avail.  HDMI control has also stopped working so the TV no longer turns the bar on and off, looks like a total loss of connectivity.  Soundbar menus say "no input" under the stream type, suggesting it's the TV that's just not sending anything out over HDMI all of a sudden.

profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

Well I left it all overnight, didn't even unplug anything, just left both TV and bar in standby.

Turned the TV on this morning and lo and behold, it's working again!

I despair.  Good that it's working but still livid that this kind of thing happens in the first place and there's no fix other than to just wait and pray.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im glad its working again.  Hopefully it stays that way :slight_smile:

Cheers