Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

Hi, I had the same issues after doing the software update for the 4k120 and was having issues with crackle/popping of the built I. Speakers and also with lip sync getting worse as time passed watching.

I've been able to solve this with a "forced factory reset" completed that about 40 is minutes ago and so far all issues seem to be solved now. Will update if there are any changes.

Here is a link on how to do a forced factory reset

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00159906

Not sure if the actual link will work but you can also copy and paste to get there.

Hope this helps 👍

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

If you have Xh90 xh92 and need a working satellite tuner you need to be aware of this...from Sony support.

On the 12th of August 2020, Sony released firmware package v6.0152 for the XH90 and XH92 series. Unfortunately, our technical team has discovered that DVB-S satellite tuning is impaired if you have updated your television to version v6.0152 and have performed a factory data reset since the August update. 

profile.country.US.title
Sjones423

Same issues as everyone else here! Hdmi is unusable without sound delay which gets progressively worse.

I'm still in my 30 days from purchase. Do I take it back, or wait out for a fix?

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Mine goes back on Monday, think I'm going for the Samsung q80t or q90t

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

After my factory reset tv is working fine. I got new update. l and for now everything working fine. What Yours version of firmware?

profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

I'm on v6.0152

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Its a new update, look at settings-info- update. After  update do factory reset and it work for me.

20201016_181502.jpg

profile.country.US.title
Sjones423

I've done that, worked fine after the factory update for about an hour before the problem returned.

I'm wondering whether my virgin media box is trying to upscale, causing a clash with the tv? I've tried pretty much every setting on both.

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

And have the same version of firmware?

profile.country.US.title
Sjones423

Settings-about-software update and its the most current. Is that what you mean?