Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XR-65X93J cannot play Dolby Atmos over HDD

profile.country.BG.title
Snuupy23
Explorer

Sony XR-65X93J cannot play Dolby Atmos over HDD

Hi guys,

I have Sony XR-65X93J connected to Yamaha RX-V585 via HDMI 2.1 Ugreen for 8K. I am using the same cable for my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019, which can play Dolby Atmos through external HDD perfectly via Kodi.

I am trying to play a 4K REMUX with Atmos from the internal app and Kodi - without success. It displays DD (Dolby Digital). I’ve changed the setting on HDMI 3 (eARC) to Enhanced (Dolby Vision) and still no success.

I’ve tried 4K movie with Atmos from HBO MAX - it played Atmos.

What may causing this issue?

Sincerely,

Alex

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Snuupy23, It's definately not the TV since it plays Atmos from other sources. That must be the coding of the 4K REMUX.

profile.country.BG.title
Snuupy23
Explorer

How then, same Remux has been played with Atmos from my Nvidia Shield PRO?

Piscie
Community Team

@Snuupy23, it might be a compatibility issue then. Which software version is currently installed on your TV? You can also try different HDMI cable.

profile.country.BG.title
Snuupy23
Explorer

I am with the latest software and I won’t try another cable, because this cable is for 8K@60fps and it works perfectly with my Nvidia Shield Pro, which plays Atmos/DTS:X perfectly.

So, in the end I’ll stick with the Nvidia at the moment. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Snuupy23, If only I can tell you how many posts I've seen complaining about the YAMAHA with the Sony TVs!!

profile.country.BG.title
Snuupy23
Explorer

Yes, blame Yamaha, because the functionality of the Sony TV’s for 2300BGN is total *****.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Snuupy23, hey, I have no benifit here! You cannot ignore this fact either, there was a dedicated thread about this specific issue with many customers who tested other equipment and the issue was resolved.