Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-49x8805c continuous bootloop and can't upgrade via USB

profile.country.GB.title
gbobbage
New

Sony KD-49x8805c continuous bootloop and can't upgrade via USB

Hi,

Trying to get over a problem with what I think is a continuous bootloop but it doesn't seem to be so far gone to require a new mainboard like the Sony centre says?

I have never seen this TV working but said I would take a look at it for a friend who is probably never going to by Sony again, TV is DOM 2016/05, out of warranty AND beyond economic repair!

Nothing plugged in, power on, TV gets to start the colourful swirly bit on the screen (think it is the beginning of "ANDROID") with white LED pulsing and then reboots, get's to a slightly different part of the swirly part on each reboot but no farther than 2 different iterations.

Powered on with Vol down and power button on back, green LED and then does the same as above  for as long as you leave it (tried 5 times over a couple of hours).

Latest download from website onto formatted USB stick sony_dtv0FA50A09A0A9_00014100_150500a7.pkg plugged into any USB port, nothing doing, same (bootloop?) behaviour.

Made a copy of the file on the USB stick and renamed it to upgrade_uploader.pkg.  Plugged in (any port I think) and screen shows  "SONY" (didn't do that before) and then an  "Updating" screen with  a don't unplug symbol and a progress bar, left overnight.  What happens thought is the progress bar always gets quarter or perhaps a third through (same place everytime, I marked the screen) and then reboots with a blue LED.

So any help welcome please,  I have used sp flash tools for my tablet in a similar situation before and I have a USBA-USBA straight through cable at the ready, Linux,Android and windows machines at my disposal, but I would need a step by step guide even though I am an Electronics Engineer management has taken it's toll on my brain!  I guess someone might know some more keypresses for cache problems etc too?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
gbobbage
New

Apologies model is KD-49x8005C  !!

profile.country.RO.title
RobertBFK
Explorer

Hello, have you solved the problem ?

My TV is doing the same