Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA AG8 OLED DOLBY VISION issues

profile.country.GB.title
Wigster_B
New

SONY BRAVIA AG8 OLED DOLBY VISION issues

Hi, had a Bravia OLED 55 AG8 for 6 months now and tbh a little disappointed with the DOLBY VISION picture particularly when going through Apple TV 4K. It is not a clarity issue more like the picture and colours just look dull!? I have briefly tried configuring Apple TV to HDR 4K instead and think this actually looked brighter and better however, when you research this, DOLBY VISION should be a lot better than HDR. Could anyone share their AG8 OLED screen settings for the optimum picture? Somewhat surprised that at the moment I am finding Sky Q UHD content looking better than Apple TV DOLBY VISION, anyone else encountered this?

Kind Regards

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can't change much on dolby vision settings...what about source via an internal app or bluray?

profile.country.GB.title
Wigster_B
New

The NETFLIX internal App plays DV content a little better I think, haven't tried any disc blu ray due to not having bought any for a while. I was wondering more along the lines of DV doesn't look the best on a SONY BRAVIA OLED?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Dolby vision enhancement really depends on how was the intent of the director, how well has been mastered and the quality of the source. Technically DV introduces matedata at scene level or even frame level in a movie while HDR10 has only metadata valid for the entire movie. If during the mastering those metadata are not changed, technically the effect is the very same of basic HDR10