Join now - be part of our community!

Searching Amazon Prime

profile.country.GB.title
pautaylo4
Explorer

Searching Amazon Prime

I have a KD49-XF9005 with the Amazon Prime app built in. That works fine, but the only thing I cannot work out is how to filter searches to, for example, only show videos included with Amazon Prime. I imagine that the facility is there somewhere, but could someone point it out to me please.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
pautaylo4
Explorer

In the light of the comments made, I contacted Amazon support to try to get to the bottom of whether it was down to Amazon or Sony. Set out below are extracts from the holding reply I have received

"I'm sorry to know the trouble you're having while accessing "Refine" or "Ways to Watch" filters on your Sony TV.

In this case, I've escalated the issue to the technical team to investigate this issue and provide a better resolution. These errors are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

As our technical team is already aware about this issue, they're using every tool at our disposal to get this resolved for you at the earliest."

This suggests to me that it is down to Amazon, but unintentional. For my part, I hope that they do manage to correct it.

profile.country.GB.title
pautaylo4
Explorer

By way of a final update, this is an extract from the reply I have received from Amazon.

"I wanted to let you know that, I've received a response from our Technical Team and they have informed me that, the option to "Refine" or "Ways to Watch" filter is currently unavailable on Sony TV devices. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

It could be a long wait before we get the facility on Sony TV's.

profile.country.GB.title
Graeme2812
Explorer

Amazon Prime search is a mess for me. One way i managed to get a few Ultra HD titles were to sign into Amazon on my iPad and just google 'The Grand Tour Ultra HD' for example. Click the amazon link, add to watch list, then go back into TV and search the saved items in the Watchlist. This only worked for a few titles however.

I found scrolling the deep depths too occationally produced a Prime Ultra HD catagory, but you really have to scan and search the catagories as it's a bit of a lottery.

I'm hoping the more random Ultra HD titles i find and click, the more it will realise that this catagory is something i'm interested in (i.e learn it) and will then start to display more.....wishful thinking?