Join now - be part of our community!

remote issue after update to Oreo

profile.country.SA.title
SavageBH
Explorer

remote issue after update to Oreo

I have purchased a touch pad remote made by Sony from amazon model (RMF-TX100U) and it was working perfectly before but after I updated my Sony TV to Oreo the remote is no longer function properly with some buttons and the touch pad its self turns to a mouse cursor and I can't click anything with main click, has anyone faced this problem with Sony touch pad remotes after update, please help me if you guys have any ideas

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

Can you tell us the model number of the TV you are using with this remote please?

Thanks,
Ed

profile.country.SA.title
SavageBH
Explorer

the model No, KD-55X7000D

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The touchpad is declared as compatible only till 2015 models, your is 2016

profile.country.SA.title
SavageBH
Explorer

I never saw that mentioned anywhere, not in the touchpad remote manual nor in the TV manual, I wouldn't buy it if I knew it would be like this.
and I was sure it was compatible with my TV from Amazon.com before I bought it, and it's was working perfectly before the update, (why would it work before the update since it's not compatible ?).

please provide me the declaration letters for compatibility of this touchpad remote (RMF-TX100U) ? so I can go back to Amazon.com with,

and please advise which touchpad remote is compatible with my TV model (KD-55X7000D) ?

Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I have access only to the italian specification of the touchpad.

There is no touchpad certified by Sony for your TV, nonetheless maybe there could be some that could work.