Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control RMF-TX200E

Billrad
Explorer

Remote control RMF-TX200E

Ok I've checked out a few posts about this remote but nothing helps me.

I bought the tv a sony KD-55XD8005 at the end of Nov 2016.

The tv is fantastic but the remote is the worst I have ever experienced. Its up to date with firmware as the tv tells me so. Ive factory reset tv, ive tried batteries out then in rubbing the back with cover off but all to no avail. I can see it's signal being beamed when you view it through a camera so it is sending the signal.

I'm talking about pressing a button a minimum of 30 times to 50+ times to make it do anything. Hard press slow press fast press light press. But it's useless I'm at my wits end I know a replacement is about £90 But I shouldn't have to fork out for substandard equipment. Any help greatly appreciated. Ive emailed sony support 3days ago and had no reply.

9 REPLIES 9
AlanM78
New

I am currently having the same problem with my remote and it's very annoying.Ive only had the TV since November 2016 so hopefully I'll be able to get the remote replaced or the tv and remote.Ive had niggling issues with the tv since I got it.The picture is good but that's about it.Dont think the TV has the processing power to cope with the smart features it includes

Billrad
Explorer

And still no reply from sony support absolutely diabolical service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Reading back on your original post, to me this sounds like a hardware fault.  As you purchased your TV in November, why not contact the retailer you purchased the TV from and arrange a warranty repair.

Alternatively, you can use the following link below to find an authorised Sony repair centre:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheere

profile.country.GB.title
Olley_1
Explorer

I am having the same problem.

I bought a KD-55XD9305 in July 2016. Its been working fine until the first Android M release. Since that release (which was later stopped due to a multitude of issues) the remote RMF TX200E has slowly been deteriorating to the point where it becomes useless (it is updated to the latest firmware 5.3.13.017).

The TV has been updated to the latest Android M release now, 3.865 yet the issue remains.

The only TEMPORARY fix seems to be resetting the remote (batteries out and pressing all buttons twice) and re-pairing it (on Bluetooth). However, this does not always work and when not using it for a while the remote becomes unresponsive again.

In many cases the buttons even do something completely different that they are supposed to. For example pressing Volume down has, on occasion, turned my TV off...

Quite frankly this is unacceptable for a TV which cost me 2300 Euro. If it werent for the TV remote app for phone and tablet the TV would be completely useless.

profile.country.IE.title
dpc4321

Did you try new batteries,  mine was doing the same as your's and new batteries fixed it.

David 

profile.country.GB.title
Olley_1
Explorer

Wow, I cant believe this was the fix.
I've been trying everything for weeks/months to get this fixed and it was
all down to the batteries.
Strangely enough according to the TV the batteries were still at 60%...

Anyways, thanks a million for your comment!
profile.country.IE.title
dpc4321

have you tried new batteries? David.

profile.country.IE.title
dpc4321

Your welcome, took me ages to figure it out also....

profile.country.RO.title
tudorlord
New

This remote control consumes 22mA when a press is pressed. A battery pack holds 2-3 months.