Join now - be part of our community!

problem with native video player on andriod 8 Oreo Sony 55XF9005

profile.country.GB.title
Paolo188
Explorer

problem with native video player on andriod 8 Oreo Sony 55XF9005

having problems with native vedo app after oreo update , video app crushes and stuggles to play 4K videos from external media sources , when VLC is used all is well , ive tried to clear app data but it seams to be a temprol fix ,

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
cielo1964
Explorer

Have same problem with native video player a total regression after upgarde with Firmware v6.6520 on model KD-49XF9005.

Very annoying that now not in a position to enjoy 4K content with DTS sound, more annoying is that this problem has been going on for nearly a year and till now Sony has not come-up with a fix.

I wonder if Sony really bothers to read these posts

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should have a different problem may be with the movie you are using, since this bug was fixed already with fw 6.6510

profile.country.GB.title
cielo1964
Explorer

Nope I confirm that bug is not fixed on play back.

Native player stutters, and no sound when trying to watch video content that has DTS and 7.1 soundtrack even if content is just Full HD (1080)

Tried various content from my external media source and all the same result.

Did not have this problem before upgrade to firmware v6.6520 and had never installed v6.6510.

As to other players such as VLC etc available from app stores they either use the 5.1 sound track or no sound if content only has a DTS sound track stating issues due to licence.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

7.1 channel on DTS seems to me a lossless audio track, that cannot be playback by your tv. In this case you may use KODI that is able to extract the audio and convert it to PCM.

The tv is able only to manage lossy DTS/DD

profile.country.GB.title
cielo1964
Explorer

Dear rooobb, noted, since update native video player is no longer fully functional.

Had no problem in the past with any type of content I played on the native video player, simply cannot understand why Sony tries to fix something which is not broken and ends up breaking it . 🤔