Join now - be part of our community!

Picture freeze and loss

profile.country.GB.title
Daveb61
New

Picture freeze and loss

I have a Bravia KD-55GX8505 TV that since switching from Sky to BT has started to freeze, pixelate and lose picture at the same time , it only lasts for a few seconds but it is very annoying. I have had to connect a aerial to the BT box to get all the free veiw channels could this be the problem?? or is it something else.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi @Daveb61 

It’s a bit hard to see what you have done, or what you think you have to do.

As you have had a Sky box on a satellite dish, connected by an HDMI lead to the TV, I think you have tried to replicate this setup with a BT YouView box on a terrestrial aerial, connected by an HDMI lead to the TV?

So you need to go into Settings on the YouView box, and look at the Signal Strength and Quality while tuned to a channel that is playing up. Ideally, Strength should be between 60 and 90% and Quality 100%.

If you aren’t getting these numbers, you need to look to the quality of your aerial. Where is it, room, loft, or roof? Yours alone, or communal? And let us know these things,

The other thing you can do is get a male to female aerial lead (or a male to male with a female to female coupler) and connect that from the Aerial Out socket on the YouView box to the Aerial In on the TV.

Then you can tune the TV in directly, and see what the Freeview channels are like there.

You can’t pause or rewind live TV that way like you can on the YouView box; but it’s still worth doing.

If you go into Settings, find RF Passthrough, and set that On, you can even watch Freeview on the Sony TV while the YouView box is in standby, though you can watch on the TV if the YouView box is switched right off at the mains.

Try these things and let us know the results you get.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…