Join now - be part of our community!

No Preferred Satellite option.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
markcallen
Explorer

No Preferred Satellite option.

I have a KD55XF9005 that works great - but my experience is not the same as the guides I find online for setting up a satellite.

My objective is to get the Tivusat channels using hte integrated decoder. I have the Cam and registered card and the dish is installed correctly.

Everything works - when I do a full scan, it pulls nearly 2,000 channels of (mostly) stuff I don't want. The Tivusat channels, Rai1 HD for example are there and show (demonstrating the card and Cam are working correctly too).

My issue is how I select only Tivusat as the provider. My understanding is that I select 'Preferred' satellite when tuning, but I'm not presented with this and it goes straight into full scan and dumps everything in the 'General' satellite list.

If I select 'preferred satellite' as the input, it says 'no channels - click to setup'. Which takes me back to the main digital tuning setup pages.

I really don't want to have to sift through 2,000 channels to remove 1,950 of them every time I do I an update scan, a bit of me will die each time.

If it makes any difference, the cable from the dish is plugged into the 'Main' satellite input. The 'Sub' is not connected to anything. The Cam is inn place and if I remove the card, encrypted channels become unavailable (as you would expect).

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@nevol.dom 

i think you are asking in the wrong place - this is a Community for the discussion of Sony products, and here, specifically, Sony Android-based TVs.

Try your local careers centre.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IT.title
Charly410
Contributor

@markcallen 

If you want the list of TIVUSAT channels at the beginning of the configuration you must select as a country Italy instead of UK and on 13th hotbird you will receive only 504 channels of LCN Italy TIVUSAT