Join now - be part of our community!

New TV - First Impressions

profile.country.GB.title
Graeme2812
Explorer

New TV - First Impressions

Just collected and installed a new TV for my bedroom (KD-43XF7596BU) and it's a little bit of a mixed impression.

Setting up and configuring with my current Google Account made things nice and easy. The TV updated quite quickly and i was up and running in no time at all really. Im using a 5Ghz wireless network, pulling around 130Mbps when speed tested on my phone stood next to the TV, so conectivity should be good. (200Mpbs advertised line)

Setting up YouView was also quick and simple. I do Find YouView a little sluggish however. Compaired to other aspects of the TV. I've yet to properly explore this.

I have Amazon and Netflx 4K accounts. Finding 4K/HDR content on Amazon is an absoloute lottery. No Ultra HD content menu, titles that should be UHD/HDR aren't found...only 1080p. The only content i've found is by searching on google, then adding to watch list. That said, found content is very good. I'm impressed with Amazon HDR/4K.

Netflx on the other hand. Not so impressed. Ultra HD Content looks ok, but HDR content looks much the same as standard Ultra HD. The blacks look grey, and the colours look saturated. An improvement on 1080p yes, but not as much as i was expecting. No matter the settings i have the TV on, as soon as i start a show on Netflix the app seems to alter the picture settings it's self. No matter what i have them set at. Very annoying.

Surprised and dissapointed that i can't connect Bluetooth headphones directly to the TV too! I must admit i never checked this, i just assumed that in 2018...you know...it would be standard.

I haven't really had a chance to dig deeper into Android TV or the other apps.

Does anyone have any advice for setting the picture modes up? 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Concerning the bluetooth headphones pairing, have a look at the solution provided by @habyss in this thread: A2DP bluetooth not on the update