Join now - be part of our community!

Motionflow issue

profile.country.GB.title
Alex299def
Explorer

Motionflow issue

I find out something intresting about Motionflow in my KDL 50W755C. Motionflow not work in default or any other players when videofile have aspect ration other than 16:9.

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

In Germany user getting back money or better models with X1 extreme processor because of this issue and the 50hz bug. Sony is not able (or they do not want) to fix it by software update so they have to exchange the devices. I got last week my money back because of this issue and i bought a XF9005.

Its very sat, that the XF8505 has also this issue.

All you have to do is keep claiming to the support and you should get a XF9005 or your money back.

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.GB.title
xoudan
Explorer

I got a  X8300F 2days ago,newest firmware, there is motionflow issue 

profile.country.GB.title
xoudan
Explorer

check every day

profile.country.GB.title
xoudan
Explorer

My 70X8300F also got this problem.

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

Motionflow work in models XF90 (X900F) and above. You should return your TV if you can. Sony will never fix this.

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.GR.title
sfortis

Is this a speculation or inside info?

Actually we've paid for motionflow and not 16:9 only motionflow. This is a major case, and we can request (as customers) a free replacement with a proper motionflow enabled model. (even higher spec)

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

No speculation, i returned 2 Models because of visual issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Shaun4444
Explorer

Hi I have the same problem well 

think it’s the same mine works with everything apart from 16.9 

sony have told me that there is 

nothing wrong with tv anyone else 

had a reply from Sony.

I registered on purpose, because I have a 65xe9005. Congratulations to Sony because there is a good television here to see the mass, but bad to see, for example football games in which we often do not know where the ball is. Fades away. We are in the year 2018, I thought that these were problems that had already disappeared. The desire I had when I bought the television became discouraged and now I have a problem there that will not be easy to get rid of it ... There are televisions of $ 150 that do none of this ...So many display settings for what?!? 80% ignore and do not solve anything! 

profile.country.IE.title
Novocorpusov
Explorer

Hello guys,

Bad news: I received a response regarding this issue after an “investigation” from Sony support and the answer is: 

Thank you for your patience.

After investigating further in your case in regards to your Sony TV, we can confirm that what you are encountering is considered within specifications of the TV.

We would like to apologize for any unintended inconvenience this might have caused.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Zeina

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.ie/support/en

And that’s all! No explanation, no details, nothing. 

How how do you think how is it possible to file a complaint together to some kind of organisations in EU which handle this kind of issues when the faulty TV’s are being sold in all the EU and the manufacturer doesn’t want to be responsible for their issues? I am sure there are a lot of people like us with the same issue.