Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
geeebeee72

I wouldn't waste your time. The judder is definitely there when running direct from the box. 

geeebeee72

Don't understand your reply. 

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Thank's geeebeee, that's really cheered me up !

shozzer1
Explorer

Unfortunatly judder reappeared last night. 

Went 5 days, now back. Switched back to enhanced hdmi as suggested and juddering tonight but just the once.

Feel like watching tv is more like looking for juddering and kind of spoiling everything i watch, whether it judders or not. 

Come on sony, get it sorted.

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

has anyone able to get 10bit to work on sky q silver, since the Sony update? sky can only detect 8bit. Im just wondering if the toe rags at Sony tried to resolve judder issues, by disabling enhanced hdmi, which allows for 10bit colour output or am i a cynic. have tried hdmi direct from sky box to tv, still only detects 8bit

profile.country.GB.title
mafletc50

Well my juddering using the v3509 firmware seems to have stopped, however I am now suffering with blank screen for a second then it returns as if I changed the input. 

frankie1g

So thats how it works it switches over and back again every hour. To stop the judder.
Great fix sony
sean.scanlon
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
zAndy1uk
Explorer

Same here 2160p 10bit is fine but can't now set the Sky q box to 1080p which is odd

singlelink
Explorer

I applied the patch yesterday and 10 bit on the sk q box works fine