Join now - be part of our community!

KDL43W755C IR blaster

profile.country.IE.title
podge3

KDL43W755C IR blaster

IS the KDL43W755C compatible with a USB IR blaster?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IE.title
podge3

Found it in settings, thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Glad you have managed to resolve your issue - you beat me to it :slight_smile:  I was litterally just about to post this following link:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/85336/

Of which there is a tab underneath for 'available products'

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
podge3

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Those instructions don't apply to the KDL43W755C - at least not to mine. Thats why I asked on here, I thought maybe my TV didn't support this function.

I found the option by accident when I was looking for something else i.e. settings>apps>system apps> IRblaster native.

I have programmed it up to work with my soundbar and while it does work most of the time, sometimes it doesn't. Dunno why:smileyconfused:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm

Intermittent problems are always the hardest.  Can you confirm if you are on the following firmware version: PKG2.645.0052EUA. ?

If so, have you factory reset the tv since updating?  A factorty reset after an update seems to cure many issues at the moment.

If that fails still - what brand and model soundbar do you have?  And us it connected via HDMI or optical?

Cheers

profile.country.IE.title
podge3

Yep, latest firmware with a factory reset after the update.

The soundbar is a Yamaha YAS101 connected via optical. It set up no problem once I found the app and works about 75% of the time. Sometimes it decides not to work for no apparent reason, then works fine again a few mins later.

Sometimes the TV seems to "buffer" the commands i.e. I press the vol+ button and nothing happens. I press the key again several times, still nothing for, maybe, 20 secs then all the commands start transmitting to the sound bar and almost blow the speakers :angry: