Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W805C stuck in reboot cycle

profile.country.LV.title
patciantar
Explorer

KDL-55W805C stuck in reboot cycle

To whom it may concern,

My Sony KDL-55W805C yesterday seemed to have gotten stuck in a reboot cycle and is not turning on. The white LED light turns on for a few seconds then turns back off and repeats this infinitely. I have tried pressing up arrow and power button together but nothing happens, I have also pressed volume down and power button and LED turns green for a few seconds, turns off and then it resumes doing the infinite reboot cycle again. I have also tried downloading the firmware on a USB and inserting it into both USB ports and power cycling the TV and it had no effect whatsoever. TV was purchased November 29th 2016.

Kind regards, Patrick Ciantar

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Try this, and for step 13 this.

profile.country.LV.title
patciantar
Explorer

I tried this now and it still didn’t work. I tried all 3 USB ports and even tried pressing volume down and power to get to the green LED but then it just continues back to the reboot loop.

I will try again with a different usb drive and also try copy the pkg file from a windows machine.

Do you have any other suggestions please? 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Before trying the more advanced troubleshooting from my previous post, I suppose you have tried this without any success already? You see it is very important that you have disconnected all cables from the TV, including the instructions of step 1 (shutting down the network). Basically there should be the power lead left connected only to the TV, and the power lead should run directly to a wall power outlet. Sometime having the TV left disconnected for over 12 hours might even be better.

In the event that none of that made a difference, then proceed with the Recovery Process on my previous post. Also before starting, remember that only the power lead must be connected to the TV and it should run directly to your wall power outlet. Here are a few notes on the Recovery Process:

• Make sure, the files you download are not corrupt in any way. A good trick is to download the files twice on different locations on the same PC and compare the file sizes together. If they don't match to the last digit, repeat downloading them twice again then recheck.
  • Try using a fairly recent USB stick. Often old sticks have many aging issues leading to corrupt sectors which are not reported by any PC. Buying a brand new USB stick around the corner could save you lots of headaches at the end of the day. A USB stick with a built-in activity LED often is a good way to verify if the TV is accessing the recovery file at boot time.
  • Do not forget to select the FAT32 format with default allocation sectors when formatting the stick. Formatting with a standard Windows PC does sometimes make a difference, as some devices are extremely picky on the partitioning of the stick. RUFUS is a good open-source tool for this. The stick does not need to be formated as bootable.
  • Be assured that you have extracted the file with the .PKG extension from the ZIP file that you have downloaded, and placed ONLY that file on the USB stick. Not inside any folder but simply at root level.
  • Mind you that Step 4 from my previous post should read "Power off the TV set".

If you are not that tech savvy yourself, perhaps you could ask a younger family member which is good at computers to help you out. Just remember that at the end of the day, you always have the option to call your local SONY support number and take in your TV for service.

profile.country.LV.title
patciantar
Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Yes the TV has nothing connected to it except the power cord and all networking is turned off.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, the last one has an LED indicator.  This shows it flashing once every few seconds - so not exactly accessing it as it would when reading off it.

I have tried all the suggestions you mentioned...anything else?

This was bought from the UK and I have moved to Malta now.  I worry that if I were to contact a Sony representative locally I will be charged for any repairs even though the device is still under warranty.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Read your private messages. Click on the envelope icon on the very top of the page.

profile.country.GB.title
Abjal89
Explorer

My model is KDL-50W805C and it keeps restarting. Does not go onto home screen. Occasionally the starting android comes up saying it’s optimising apps but then reboots again. Very frustrating!

I’ve tried the volume and power button. Noting is working. 

Please share knowledge or help 😞

football is on tomorrow 😞

profile.country.LV.title
patciantar
Explorer

I’m sorry I didn’t manage anything and ended up returning it =\ 

stuart_h2019
Explorer

Hi I ahve exactly the same problem. Same model purchased nov 2016, hasn't been used much as in spare room. Was working great about 3 weeks ago. Then tried to turn on and this boot loop started. Don't know if due to software update. The TV led comes on white then turns off after about 10 seconds then again, occasionally getting to the symbols on screen whish disappear after about 2 or 3 seconds. Have tried the factory reboot unplug power on hold hold vol-. I get the green light for about 5 seconds then the tv starts the cycle again. Have tried howloading new firmware but the usb just flashes a couple of times in ports 1 to 3. (The set probably isnt staying on long enough to detect it) have downloaded the roalback patch to another usb and again still not reading it. Have emailed sony and am waiting to hear. But this is obvioulsy a common fault (Without a solution at the moment!) sony really should fix it or i won't buying any more of there TV's. Any suggestions on what else to try?

profile.country.GB.title
contactdipesh
Explorer

Any luck with your tv.. as i am getting same error.