Join now - be part of our community!

KD65 AG9 tv - internet connection lost on tv wifi but wifi is working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Laird99
Explorer

KD65 AG9 tv - internet connection lost on tv wifi but wifi is working

After a lot of digging I discover that my Wi-Fi problem arose at the same time of the firmware update on 29-11-2023. The Freeview tv channels all work fine so the tv is fine. However the tv Wi-Fi refuses to connect. 80mb download speeds in the tv room, so Wi-Fi is functioning fine. Also Sony TV upstairs is functioning fine on same Wi-Fi connection.

TV says it has latest firmware update of 6.6053 but I am wondering if it did not load properly?

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to restore their Wi-Fi on their TV?  I have tried every reset listed except the factory reset which I would only do as a last resort.......

any ideas would be appreciated.... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Is there an ethernet cable plugged in to the TV, if so this will stop the TV connecting via WiFi.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Is there an ethernet cable plugged in to the TV, if so this will stop the TV connecting via WiFi.

profile.country.GB.title
Laird99
Explorer

Hi Davey,

no, there is no ethernet cable attached . TV / Wi-Fi connection has worked uninterrupted for 2.5 years since TV purchase. As problem appeared to happen at exactly the same time as firmware update on 29-11-23 I was thinking of re-installing the firmware update in case it did not install correctly?   

Yaffa55
New

Hi, Have the same issue here. Lost Wi-Fi connection after update of KD-65XG9505. Rebooted both the router and TV several times. No help. Sony Support advised to reset to factory. Did that, but still can  not connect to my Wi-Fi. Other TVs, laptops, phones, cameras, etc. have no issues. Need to call them again tomorrow.

profile.country.GB.title
Laird99
Explorer

Hi Yaffa55

I Have not managed to progress much at my end due to work but tomorrow I will reload firmware update of 29/11 and see if that works. Disappointed to hear your factory reset did not work. I cannot believe we are the only people experiencing this. Did I notice that there is another firmware update from Sony yesterday.....maybe that has a fix??

Hope you made progress with Sony helpline....

We have another Sony TV upstairs and that is working perfectly so very confused.

profile.country.GB.title
Laird99
Explorer

And last night our upstairs 49 inch Sony tv carried out a firmware update and it also has lost connection to WIFI....

I am now losing the will to live!!

Time to get on the phone to Sony....

profile.country.GB.title
Laird99
Explorer

Hi 

Engineer now coming on Tuesday......will update

profile.country.GB.title
Laird99
Explorer

Hi Yaffa

We spoke to Sony helpline - they could offer no help. Engineer was booked and he came today. He has not solved the problem and has left saying he will speak to his boss. Someone on another post says he has wifi connection problem like us after Android 10 upgrade....

Have you managed to sort the problem on your TV?? It would be good to know. I believe it is clearly something from the firmware updates that has created the problem on the network. All other devices work fine in our house.....

profile.country.US.title
pinoysouth
Explorer

Hi,

I purchased Sony 65 Inch XR65X90KU last March 2023 and I never had a wifi issues until we move to a new flat last DEcember 2023 but with the same internet because we just moved in the same building. Initially, I tried several solutions, reset tv, reset network, reset router..etc.. but nothing has been successful and I emailed already SONY about this but got no reply until now. So at the moment just to maximize my subscriptions, I connected an ethernet cable which has no problem but was just too messy for our flat. I have another sony smart tv 49 inches which was bought last 2018 but no wifi issues until now. And regarding updating the firmware, I have updated it in my old flat and have no issues with wifi for the 65inches.. only got wifi issues in our new flat. 

Can someone from SONY help me with this wifi issues? Come on SONY!! Please do not disappoint me, I've been a sony fan since 80s!

I hope someone can help me with this wifi issue.!

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey, can you try to connect it to a mobile hotspot and tell us if it connects or not?