Join now - be part of our community!

kd55x9005c switching itself on during the night

profile.country.GB.title
fiesta06
Explorer

kd55x9005c switching itself on during the night

Can anyone help with this problem I am having with my damned tv. It appears to switch itself on during the night. It happened last night the second time in the past two weeks and has done so some time previous. The first time I thought I hadn't turned it off  since then I have made sure before going to bed so this morning I knew it wasn't me. The thought of the tv coming on when unattended frightens the life out of me so it seems I am going to have to unplug it each time I turn it off. I see that other people have had problems with different Sony TV's doing the same so could someone please come up with a solution before someone's house goes up in flames.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you read about it you should have read also the solution. Ensure you have the latest fw installed (if not apply it), than please factory reset your tv (be aware that you'll lose any setting/app you may have changed/installed)

profile.country.GB.title
fiesta06
Explorer

Thanks for the curt reply. I have the latest firmware installed and have carried out factory resets as you so kindly instruct me to do but still the tv does it's own thing. I apologise I didn't go in to the realms of everything I've done but I can assure you your solution is of no help, thanks anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

I've got the KD49x8305 and this problem has always randomly happened through all the firmware upgrades and factory resets so far.

I resorted to set the TV to switch OFF after 4 hours if no user interaction is detected so it will at least switch itself off reasonably quickly after random switch ons.

Because I mainly use sky and I regularly exceed the 4 hours because often the interaction is only with the sky box and not the tv I now get a message telling me the TV will shortly switch off, to combat this I just briefly stab the volume button on the sky remote to set up another 4 hours.

Like you I really hate this happening but at least it does now switch off after 4 hours, far from ideal I know.

I suspect it may be possible to stop the tv randomly switching itself on within the Bravia sync settings however I want to be able to use the function of pressing the sky button to switch on both sky and the TV as it makes it simpler for my wife to use.

I really wish Sony would sort the Bravia sync problems out, the press sky to switch on the tv worked fine on my previous non android Sony TV without random switch on's.

profile.country.GB.title
fiesta06
Explorer

Hi, that's a sensible approach to get the tv to turn off especially as I don't know at what time the thing turned itself on during the night. I also have it synched with Sky Q and with a Sony home cinema. The tv turns on the theatre system at the same time so I have both systems active for god knows how long, the Sky box isn't turned on. I'm going to plump for unplugging the tv at night I think this will be the safest option until I can figure out what the cause is. Thanks for your input. 

profile.country.GB.title
fiesta06
Explorer

Well had a good nights sleep knowing the tv wouldn't switch itself on as it was disconnected from the power. However it got it's own back when I put it on, after about ten minutes it decided to switch off and back on and then wouldn't output the sound through the sound system. So yet again a factory reset to get everything up and running not going to be happy if this persists.