Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XE9005 - Remote not working after update

profile.country.GB.title
smwatson90
New

KD49XE9005 - Remote not working after update

TV auto updated yesterday and the remote no longer works, with the exception of volume buttons, power button and selection buttons.

All other buttons not working at all. TV is receiving the IR signal (the light on the front dims a little in the normal way).

Home button on the app remote isn't working either.

What can I do? Have powered off and on several times. 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try restarting Android TV by holding down the Power button on the remote control.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
smwatson90
New

Have done, I get the update message but doesn't solve the problem.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try this, but this procedure may not work if your TV has been upgraded to Android TV 8.0 Oreo.

Follow these steps to perform a force Factory data reset. 
NOTE: When facing the back of your TV, the buttons are on the right.
The (-) button is directly below the Power button on the back of your TV.

1. Unplug the TV's AC power cord (mains lead) from the electrical socket.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold down the Power Image and volume Down (-) Image buttons on the TV (not on the remote), and then (while holding the buttons down) plug the AC power cord back in.
    Continue to hold the buttons down until the green LED light appears.
    NOTE: It will take approximately 10-30 seconds for the LED light to turn green.
    [A]: POWER button
    [B]: volume Down (-)  button
    [C]: Rear of TV
  3. Release the buttons after the green LED light appears. 
    NOTES:
    • Disregard what is happening on the TV screen.
    • If the white LED light doesn't turn green within 30 seconds, start from Step 1 again.
  4. Wait a few minutes for the Factory data reset process to take place. The TV will reboot (turn on and off) twice.
    Welcome setup screens will appear on the TV twice. Do NOT setup the first Welcome setup screen. The TV will auto Factory data reset within one minute of the first Welcome setup screen.
    NOTE: If the TV doesn't turn back ON automatically, press the Power button to turn TV back ON.
  5. When the second Welcome setup screen appears, perform the setup.
    NOTE: If the Welcome setup screen doesn't appear, unplug the AC power cord and then plug it back in.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

Manolo. Good information, I have printed for possible future needs...Appreaciated.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

But, I'm sorry I did not understand if you've solved or not... :fingers_crossed:

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
smwatson90
New

The factory reset solved the issue, the remote now functions. It rebooted in version 8.0 which I didn't expect but all works. Thanks.