Join now - be part of our community!

KD49xe8004 - Network Status reports "internet access OK" but Update cannot connect with error 2200

profile.country.GB.title
hamishmcbrie
Explorer

KD49xe8004 - Network Status reports "internet access OK" but Update cannot connect with error 2200

I have a Bravia KD49xe8004 which has suddenly stopped playing BBC iPlayer content, and reports "Ethernet is not connected" on the Home screen.  If I try System Update, it fails saying "The TV could not check for updates over the network.  Please check network connections and settings.  Error 2200.

But the TV's Network Status screen says the internet connection is "OK", and shows the correct (wired) IP address.  Even more weirdly, Netflix works fine!

This problem began a week or so ago - up until then, iPlayer was working fine.  System Updates are set to Automatic.

How can the connection be working for Netflix and for the TV's own network diagnostic screen, but not working for iPlayer or for the TV's own System Update?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Check the time on the TV...
Reboot Android TV, keeping pressed Power/OFF on the Remote...
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there hamishmcbrie, try the steps below:

Press the [HOME] button on the remote control
Select the [Settings] menu
Select the [Apps] menu
Select the [Android TV Core Services] application
Check the version number. Let me know if it is lower than "3.5.2"

profile.country.GB.title
hamishmcbrie
Explorer

Thanks for suggestions - but I'd already tried the suggested solutions.

Although the system was set to update automatically, it wasn't doing that  - it hadn't updated itself in 3 years, despite having a permanent (ethernet wired) connection, which still worked fine for Netflix and had been working for other online services (iPlayer) until last week. 

Eventually I connected it to a wifi network and ran an update - then the ethernet problem went away. 

Still very annoying that different bits of the OS report contradictory information though.