Join now - be part of our community!

KD49 XD8305 setup problem

gimb0s
Explorer

KD49 XD8305 setup problem

Hi folk i have only had this set for 10days and need advice to sort a problem before the 14 day refund period.

My problem is simple, I am trying to set the colour temeperature to D65 and found this issue:-

I first found itwhen i first time i setup the picture using BBC One HD Ch 101 on freeview. I settled for a saturation level of 56 under 'Picture Mode' Cinema Pro as this gave me the nearest image i require, aloung with setting all other settings to suit . I have since tried other Freeview channels but all have the same effect.

My problem is that when  i tuned to a Standard Def channel the colour saturation increased in level (by judgement) to some where between 75 to 80. i cannot be exact as all the readings under the setup menues stays exactly as i set them. On return to HD the saturation level stays at this new value.

going back into the colour setup menue the saturation value shows 56 but if i increase the level to 57 then the saturation drops back to this setting. only if I switch to anotherr source like Satelite and back the saturation level has increased again.

I am at a loss in tyring to figure this, having tried all the Picture Mode settings.

I re visited the Sony Centre i purchased this from and checked their set and it has the same issue. I have discussed this with two techies at Sony support and I am still unable to set this correctly.

I will have to send this back if I cannot resolve this as I cannot watch over saturated colours as displayed in all TV showrooms.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Hi gimb0s , this TV seems to have some issues and for conformity , please these posts :

community.sony.ro/t5/android-tv/kd-43xd8305-software-bug-in-colour-settings/td-p/2247024 

community.sony.ro/t5/android-tv/sony-kd-43xd8305b-motionflow-issues/td-p/2261532

Otherwise , this TV runs well , have a vibrant image and a good sound . I hope these issues will be repaired in a future with a firmware update .

gimb0s
Explorer

thanks for this information. Yesterday I spoke to Sony tech guys in London center and they recommended that I return the set for a refund.

I have just been reading the community blogs for the 43XD8305 and this suffers from the same problem of the colour saturation increase. I noticed this morning that when I turned the set on that the colour saturation level had increased from the setting i left it last night.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A MAJOR DESIGN FLAW AND WILL TAKE SOME SOFTWARE TO CURE THIS. iF THIS IS POSSIBLE!!

I returned to the sony center that I purchased this and agreed that I could exchange it for a 55XD85 set with a supplement payment to bridge the price gap.

do any of you kind folk know if the 55XD85 set has any issues that i need to check before I purchase , or am I better to cut my losses and try a different manufacturer?

kind regards