Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XF9005 losing internet connection

profile.country.GB.title
Maurice1V45
Explorer

KD-65XF9005 losing internet connection

I have a Sony Bravia KD-65XF9005 (2018) and I'm using a Google Home to give commands like "turn my TV on", "open YouTube", "open Netflix", etc. All works well most of the time. But after I turn off the TV and leave it like that for a few hours, next time I say "turn on my TV", Google Home Responds "It looks like your TV isn't available right now". I found out that the TV lost internet connection during that time, because if I turn it on by pressing the remote control power button I can see the "no internet" message and after a few seconds, the message disappears because it connected to the internet. Also, Google Home can find the TV from this point on.

So how can I prevent my TV from losing internet connection while it's turned off for a long period of time? Is there a setting I should enable somewhere to keep the TV more awake? And why doesn't the TV automatically reconnect to internet in the background like a mobile phone or some other device?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you set the tv to be enabled to remote start by network?

profile.country.GB.title
Maurice1V45
Explorer

I didn't have to set anything for it to work. The TV and the Google Home are on the same wifi so they can communicate with each other. I updated the TV to the latest firmware and its patch notes state "- Improves TV connection with some routers" but the issue still happens. The TV loses connection sometimes even when it's on, but then it reconnects. Thing is my other devices don't lose connection so it's not the router, it's the TV.

But If I can make something so the TV reconnects to internet while it's off then that would fix my problem.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you don't have to do nothing, why do you ask? Enabling the TV for remote start force it to be kept alive. Maybe it is already like this and the problem is different, but why you do not want to check?

profile.country.GB.title
Maurice1V45
Explorer

Sure, I'm willing to check that. If it keeps the TV alive it might reconnect. Any tips on where can i find the remote start option?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not have the TV on hand, but it should be in the network setting, probably under Domestic Network submenu