Join now - be part of our community!

KD 55XE9005: no Favorites bar after upgrading to Android 8

SOLVED
profile.country.US.title
AdrianPoe
Explorer

KD 55XE9005: no Favorites bar after upgrading to Android 8

Hello,

I'm new to this community, I guess we all come in here for the first time to speak about a problem rather than sharing their exquisite experiences with their new TV sets :).

OK, so I've just updated my 55 XE9005 with the new Android 8 firmware downloaded from the official Sony website.
After updating, I had to re-activate my Favorites list, but surprisingly there is no way to see it in the Discover bar, on the bottom of the screen, where it used to be. In fact, scrolling to "options" I've noticed that there isn't anymore an option to enable/ disable the favorites channels toolbar, only favorites apps, top picks etc.
The only way to select a certain memorized channel is to go to "Guide", then press "Action", select "Guide Source" and then your favorites list. This is valid only once, the TV "forgets" your selection, and (of course) the channels in the Guide are not alphabetically ordred.
Any help?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Adrian,

As far as I can tell, favorites bar is still accessible from the discover menu if you scroll down. Do let us know the outcome of the factory reset when you perform it.

And if the issue remains, can you attach photos showing the discover menu?

All the best,

Tenneen9000

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Adrian,

Have you tried to reset your TV?  You can see more details on how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.US.title
AdrianPoe
Explorer

Hi Sean,

Thanks for looking into this. I did a power reset but didn't change anything. I will do a factory reset and I will tell you how it goes, but so gar it looks like this Android version was never made to support the network channels under Discover bar, since there is no option to enable or disable this feature.

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Adrian,

As far as I can tell, favorites bar is still accessible from the discover menu if you scroll down. Do let us know the outcome of the factory reset when you perform it.

And if the issue remains, can you attach photos showing the discover menu?

All the best,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.US.title
AdrianPoe
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks Sean and Tenneen9000, you were both right, a factory reset did the trick, now I have all stations and/ or just my Favorites selection under Discover. It just felt so tiresome to re-enter all credentials for all apps and redo all settings for all hdmi inputs... Nevertheless, my problem is solved!

All the best and thanks again!

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Adrian,

Fantastic! glad that everything worked out.

Cheers,

Tenneen9000