Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C Android - update

profile.country.GB.title
karelia9
Explorer

KD-55X8509C Android - update

I have had this television for 4 years and if it wasn’t so heavy it was in danger of being thrown in the bin several times.

There is no denying the superb picture quality but Android just doesn’t work! 

The television never does the same thing twice when switched on and lately I have had to disconnect the set from the  mains and reconnect before the TV would respond - and then it rebooted itself yet again!

Netflix usually needs several attempts  before it  will work. The volume control interferes with Amazon Prime. Netflix runs much better on another TV with an  Amazon Fire stick - they appear  to have different versions of the software.  The TV often drops out of programs or reboots itself for no apparent reason.

I drool over some of the new TVs announced by Sony but when I look more closely I see they are running Android - NO WAY! I’ve been loyal to Sony for our main TV for many  years but not anymore.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Have you checked that your TV has the latest firmware update? You can see more details on this here.

Best wishes,
Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
karelia9
Explorer

As far as I can tell everything is up to date.  I have a small non-smart Samsung TV in the kitchen with an Amazon “Fire” stick which works perfectly on WiFi for Netflix and Prime. The Sony TV is hard wired back to the router but  is always problematic with these applications. It’s usually easier to go through a smart DVD player or pvr.  I thought I was buying a TV but what I got was a poor quality desktop computer.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

I'd recommend getting in touch with the support team here who will be able to advise you further. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc