Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55A1 damaged image

profile.country.NO.title
Fredriknomme
Explorer

KD-55A1 damaged image

Hi. My 3 weeks old OLED TV suddenly shows a defected image area in the bottom lett corner. See attached images. It has not been moved since I bought it, and there is no hifi or speaker close to it. Anyone else? Any suggestions?

I noticed that something was wrong yesterday. It was a dark area in the same corner, rectangular and larger than the defected area now. It was also a few lines with different dark/grey scale shattering lines in the same area, but over a few hours with the tv turned off it has now developed to what you see in the pictures. When turned off the screen is perfect smooth and black.

I will contact the shop today and ask how to deal with this. I guess I will have to deliver it to the shop for repair or exchange. Glad it is 55 and not the 65 inch now...

D8F9CBB1-BA3B-450F-94FE-177FF21CC5F1.jpeg

C3FAE4CC-C34C-4DD1-B32A-B1B10F2390F6.jpeg

47C1435B-AA3A-4E1E-A073-A4255926AE48.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Fredriknomme and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting the photos.

To be honest you're taking the best course of action by contacting the shop.

I would be asking for an exchange straight away, however which shop did

you purchase it from? (What is their policy on a straight swap - is it 14 days? Longer?)

cheers

profile.country.NO.title
Fredriknomme
Explorer

Hi and thanks for the reply!

I have already been to the shop here in Norway (Elkjøp) and they have offered me an exchange, so I’m reliefed. Now I don’t have to wait for repair. Really professioonal service I must admit! They do have 50 day «open return» but I know businesses that does not allow you to use the return when the item is faulty...

I must say I really love the TV when it’s working as it should! Beautiful picture and great sound.

When I came home from work today the image-defect had changed to dark lines (see attached picture).

Strange, but according to the service centre at Elkjøp they still believe it’s a faulty display (and not due to other hardware defects).

I will try to arrange the exchange later today or tomorrow.

BAFA9FBA-CA16-4A87-8ED9-9F5B6371D29F.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

You're welcome

The A1 models really do have superb picture quality, and

the fact that the screen is the speaker still astounds me.

I'm glad its going to be exchanged for you :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.NO.title
Fredriknomme
Explorer

Unbelievably bad luck.

I had the TV exchanged in March, but today, after 6 months, the new TV shows some similar image defects in the exact same area as the last one. I do not have any electronics, speakers or anything else that I can think of that might cause any irregularities in the screen. I do suspect that the TV I got exchanged was from the same batch as the first one, so I think this might be a production fault. What do you think?

There is no signs of damage on the outside of the TV set.

Anyone else who has experienced this?

IMG_2666.jpgIMG_2656.jpgIMG_2655.jpgIMG_2662.jpg

profile.country.NO.title
Fredriknomme
Explorer

What? Today the TV is 100% fine again. No distortion. How is that possible?