Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8305 restarting after Oreo update

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

KD-43XD8305 restarting after Oreo update

My tv updated to the new Oreo firmware overnight. Since the update It keeps restarting since. I've tried several factory resets but it hasn't fixed the problem. I eventually got the tv to stay on  when I disconnect the ethernet cable but as soon as I reconnect it the tv starts to reboot constantly. Any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestions @Jecht_Sin . Tried them all but the tv still restarts. Waiting to hear back from Sony to see if they will fix it as tv is out of warranty but not holding breath. It's shocking that the update basically turned my perfectly working tv two days ago,  into a non-smart tv! 

profile.country.GB.title
zahir922
Explorer

I have the exact same issue! So annoying, its not your internet thats the issue, I’ve tried hotspot and my neighbours wifi too. Its in a continuous cycle of rebooting, when connected to a network.

I have contacted Sony and since its their update that caused the issue, they have said an engineer will  be sent out to fix it.

My TV is also out of warranty but again since its their fault, they will have to resolve it, free of charge or so I’ve been told. Hope they fix yours too! 👊🏽

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Good to know I’m not the only one @zahir922 . Still waiting for an answer from Sony. Latest email is that they are investigating it ! 

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Finally got an answer from Sony

“Thank you for baring with us until we get the reply from the team in specialty.

After validation with the concerned team, please be advised that unfortunately we will not be able to offer a free of charge repair due to the warranty status of the television.

Please be advised that as per the terms and conditions of your warranty, Sony covers manufacturer faults within the first twelve months from date of purchase”

looks like I’ve they are washing their hand. I rang and was told that millions of sets were updated and I was the only one with an issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
zahir922
Explorer

I’m sorry but thats a joke. Your clearly not the only one, i rang em and said once i updated the wifi stopped working keeps reatarting whenever i connect. This only happened after the update so its definitely not my fault. They had an engineer ring me yesterday and said he will be there Wednesday to replace a part apparently. And they confirmed it would be free of charge as it happened after an update. Maybe have them refer to this forum.

Also i’m not sure they’re quite with it, or they’re just blatantly lied to you, no one has checked my tv to see what’s wrong with it so how do they know they need to replace something or it is a common issue and you were lied to?

update: i’m also out of warranty, i bought the TV in 2016 and didn’t buy any or insurance or anything.

profile.country.GB.title
Si_Hill

I've just posted in the Oreo thread but I've got exactly the same problem with my KD-65XE8596, 100% a problem with the update.

Everything was fine pre-update but now as soon as the TV gets a network connection, be it WiFi or ethernet it reboots.

profile.country.GB.title
zahir922
Explorer

@minimufc Had an engineer come around today, wasn't at home to see what he did but apparently a part was changed.

Since then my TV has downgraded to android 7.0 and feels a lot snappier also some of the TV display settings have changed, Ive got more options now which is a plus.

I’ve tried updating again to android 8.0 but it doesn’t seem to be available for download now. However, there are tutorials on my home screen for Android 8.0.

@Si_Hill Ring Sony and tell them whats happened, even if your TV is out of warranty, as you are not at fault.

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

@Si_Hill @zahir922 spoke with Sony again today and was told there’s nothing that can be done as the tv is out of warranty. According to Sony I’m the only one in the world with this issue and it’s got nohing to do with the update. Millions of people got the update and they haven’t got any calls ! I refered to this forum and they said they couldn’t speak about another peoples cases. It’s a joke. My tv was perfect a week ago prior to the update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Si_Hill

@zahir922 @minimufc  I will call Sony tomorrow.  I do happen to have a previous firmware saved so I'm going to try and downgrade it back to 7.0 myself now.

* EDIT.  Nope that didnt work as its already up to date so cannot use an older firmware to 'update'

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @minimufc,

I suggest you wait a while until the Oreo update is fully rolled out to all UK (better even all EU) applicable TVs. If by then a considerable larger number of cases with the same issue are reported, then an investigation will be triggered. The matter will then be resolved very differently.

Otherwise if it turns out to be an issue with a very few number of XD83’s then you can always wait for the next upcoming firmware update which will most probably resolve the problem. I can’t make any comments as to when that will be released, but the expectation is sooner rather than later.

I recommend you perform a Factory Data Reset next time prior and post upgrading to a new firmware. 

If you would be interested and willing; I’d also like to suggest you take part in the research survey we are conducting among the Sony Online Community users and their experience with Android TV. Just be reminded that your contribution to the survey will not affect in any way your current state of affairs on the issue with Sony.

As always, keep us posted on new developments.

Cheers,

Dutchice