Join now - be part of our community!

ITV ch grayed out on ITV Hub

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

ITV ch grayed out on ITV Hub

Hi all, ITV is not selectable but the other ITV chs are. I get my signals from Sandy and are very strong. I have retuned after clearing the Youview cache. When a program is selected on the youview screen it tries and then gives an opps error. I have the 8th March update and 150Mbit connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

John 

KD49X8309C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@John1950Hitchin

Hi there

Just to let you know, this issue effecting ITV from SH will be resolved in the next firmware release.  No date currently set for when this will be though.

Cheers

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive not heard of this problem to be honest, but would recommend you do a factory reset of the TV - it can often fix many weird and wonderful problems.

See HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Thanks for the reply but I did that yesterday after the update. I did noticed it last Saturday and I did hope that the update would rectify the ITV problem.

I can select a program that is listed as WATCH NOW, the ITV player starts the busy dots go for a while and then get Whoops, whats gone wrong? message [ Retry ] [Exit the ITV Hub] . As the OP above ITV is greyed out on the player it's self.

John

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

I have just tried Discover on the Youview screen blue button, ITV Davina Mc Call program is listed with her photo and details, if selected it does the error. Looks like the ITV Hub app is the problem what do you think?

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To clarify, is it the actual broadcast ITV channel or are you trying to use the catchup services?

I ask this as you mention Sandy Heath, but then mention using ITV Player?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive just found this on the YouView Forums:

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/itv-hub-not-working-sony-tv

I'll see if i can find out some more info.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Thanks again, I did try all before my OP. This link is good news for me as it is being worked on.

My wife did give me what have you brought look as it was the second day of ownership that we noticed this.

PS I can watch all the other ITV chs, Judge Rinder on ITV2 last night worked.

John

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Sorry I should have said person in the link lives in Cambs so they are most likely getting thier signal from Sandy.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

@John1950Hitchin

Hi there

Just to let you know, this issue effecting ITV from SH will be resolved in the next firmware release.  No date currently set for when this will be though.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Thank you for the info that it will be resolved in the next FW update. 🙂