Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with streaming from my iPad and iPhone to my KD-49X8309C TV...

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
robert0439
Explorer

Issues with streaming from my iPad and iPhone to my KD-49X8309C TV...

Hi,

My first message to the Sony community so any help would indeed be greatly appreciated.

I have a Eurosport App subscription which I can play on both my iPad and iPhone however, I have tried everything to get either of these to stream the content to my new Sony KD-49X8309C TV, but have failed miserably. I have double checked the settings on the TV and all seem to be in order, so am pretty stumped to say the least, hence the reason for my post.

I have an older Sony TV which I use an Apple TV box to stream from either my iPad or iPhone which works really well, but as I say, I don't seem to be able to get the iPad or iPhone to "see" the latest model TV.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards,

Robert0439

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Unless the Eurosports app supports casting technology (i.e. Chromecast) - your only bet is to screen mirror the ipad/iphone.  Unfortunately for Apple products, they use their own system called AirPlay, where as Miracast is used by everyone else.

Therefore you will need a device such as AppleTV connected to your new TV as well.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Unless the Eurosports app supports casting technology (i.e. Chromecast) - your only bet is to screen mirror the ipad/iphone.  Unfortunately for Apple products, they use their own system called AirPlay, where as Miracast is used by everyone else.

Therefore you will need a device such as AppleTV connected to your new TV as well.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
robert0439
Explorer

Many thanks for your prompt response, as it is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,