Join now - be part of our community!

is this acceptable? or even safe?

profile.country.GB.title
Blanky73
Explorer

is this acceptable? or even safe?

Hi

Sony decided they had to swap out my TV under warranty for a new TV....fantastic I hear you say, well that's what i thought, especially after nearly 4 years...if it wasn't for the fact that is went faulty twice in 4 years it would be a dream!

(My TV is wall is wall mounted and i paid for electrician to move electrical and aerial sockets)

I have 2 issues here

One is safety....the replacement TV has external power brick (a big one!) and the way to hide the power brick is behind the wall mounted TV and unless i fit some sort of bracket to the wall the power brick will be physically touching the tv and even with a bracket would be very close to the tv  .....would this even be safe? as the TV and power brick are both heat sources right? ...fire risk?

Two is the Vesa fixings.....the vesa screw holes on the tv are no longer centrally located as they were on my original tv and i would say 99% of tv's but in this case the lower two vesa mount holes are at the bottom of the TV....this not only makes the TV about a foot higher on the wall and into an uncomfortable viewing position but also makes the plug and aerial sockets viewable on the wall...the latter i can fix but tbh I shouldn't have to do this

I didn't choose a swap, i sent back for repair and i feel i have been sent a tv that is not fit for purpose and now Sony after many calls have made a final offer of £50 for me to keep the tv, so the big question is....

Is it safe to be wall mounted with external power supply/brick and i really mean a big power brick!

hope someone can confirm the safety aspect here as i have 3 young children in my home and their safety is my priority 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

I would say yes. Nothing heats up so much that it will cause fire. Knowing which TV you are getting would help cause FALDs are warmer then edge lit ones.

profile.country.GB.title
Blanky73
Explorer

hi

thank you for the reply

the model is KD-49CG8396