Join now - be part of our community!

Is my TV screen / panel normal ???

smashah

Is my TV screen / panel normal ???

Hi

I purchased Sony KD55X8509CBU from John Lewis, October 2015.  

For the past few weeks i noticed a small amount of clouding but thought it was normal.  However, recently the clouding seems to have grown in size and more patches have appeared.    Plus there is a hint of green to the clouding.

I have attached a few pics taken in a dark room and lit room.I hope someone can tell me if this is normal or should i contact John Lewis ?

P1020447.JPG

P1020442.JPGP1020441.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
smashah

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  I have just seen your reply after speaking to John Lewis.  I rang John Lewis but spoke to technical support, gave television fault reference number etc.. Luckily before i rang them i had also emailed them so when the guy looked at my account he read the recent email about todays problem with Sony trying to give me a re-certified unit.

The guy from John Lewis admitted he was quite surprised with Sony decision to send a used television set.   He did point out sony should not have taken over the case.  John Lewis were only expecting sony to come to a conclusion about the televsion i.e faulty, repairable or not and then inform John Lewis of the outcome.   He then explained everything to his supervisor and told me they will contact Sony tomorrow, request final decision about the televsion and hopefully send a new television direct from John Lewis.

Sony have said the tv needs replacing, just hope John Lewis fulfill their promise to send replacement soon.

So just waiting for tomorrows final outcome and will post update,

Thanks for your help Quinnicus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent.  Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and you get the desired outcome of a new replacement tv.

:thumbsup:

smashah

I cant believe this, John Lewis have decided to ignore what they agreed yesterday via phone regarding the replacement.  

Sony have accepted the tv needs replacing but John Lewis are asking the 3rd party company which initially visited my house to see the television to give another verdict about the tv.    This is confusing because i rang sony again and they are happy to send out the refurnished unit, so I do not understand why John Lewis are behaving like this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont really have any advice to give at this stage - other than the ring JL again.  But you do have my sympathies though as i can imagine that its very frustrating.  

Cheers