Join now - be part of our community!

Input/timer bar cant be turned off SONY KD49XG8305

profile.country.GB.title
Molyslip44
Explorer

Input/timer bar cant be turned off SONY KD49XG8305

I'm sorry to raise this subject again but it's driving me mad. Lots of help and advice available but the options aren't available on my TV or I haven't found them! 

• Press the [HOME] button on the remote control
  • Scroll down to 'Settings' and press [OK] 
  • Select 'Channel Setup' and press [OK] Option not displayed
  • Scroll down to 'Info banner' and press [OK] Option not displayed
  • Select 'Off' and press [OK[
  • Then return out of everything

Is there another option that may be hidden elsewhere?

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
Molyslip44
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone with this issue. Definitely not acceptable if SONY doesn't have a solution.

Will wait to see if anyone else has a workaround or I'll post again with a different approach to the issue.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, it seems like many models doesn't have this option for some reason, I've read on other threads that Sony is aware an investigating the issue with their engineers. Nothing else tho.

profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Hi  Thanks for your info. After digging deeper I came across the same info too. Glad I wasn't alone. Just wonder how long it will take SONY to resolve? Let's hope soon.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, I thought this would be useful, someone posted about the issue and Sony replied:" We have escalated your case to our technical team for investigation. However, we cannot provide any further information at the moment, as the investigation is still ongoing. " So no updates yet. Did you try contacting them?

profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Hi Hannah

Thanks for the update. I haven't contacted SONY yet but I expect my patience will wear thin and I'll be motivated to do so. Meanwhile, I'll continue to follow the community.

profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Hi to those who have responded previously. Yesterday I did a factory reset which, happily was very easy, and the main issues are still there; drop-down channel/timer bar and items missing or greyed out within the settings panel.

It's now over 3 (?) months since the update V6.7140 which created the issue. How long does SONY think this is acceptable? The item might have been escalated within the SONY organisation but it's still not been resolved!!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Molysony, could you tell me which options are greyed out on the Menu?

profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Having carried out the factory re-set the settings menu now reads:

Set your device name

Watching TV

Display and sound

Network and internet

Accounts and sign in

APPS

Device preferences

Remotes and accessories

All the sub menus work too BUT there's still no way of finding an input to enable the ability to stop the time-bar/channel drop-down banner. In addition since the firmware update 90% of the time when switching on the TV I have to use the mains on/off switch to get a picture/sound and wait while it goes through the restart procedure'. Sometimes I get sound and no picture and sometimes it works perfectly. Not too impressed with my SONY TV. If it worked as it should and used to I'd be a delighted owner. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Molysony, so far you got the right menus, Try the following for the info banner:

Press Home and navigate to Settings

Open ‘Watching TV

Change the toggle of the setting ‘Info banner’ to OFF

For XG90 and XG83 models this option isn't available. Are you connecting your external devices directly to the TV or through an audio system?

The issue of the TV loosing the sound and the picture, is it related to the info banner poping up?

profile.country.GB.title
Molysony
Explorer

Hi

Trying the following for the info banner is the issue:

as the setting ‘Info banner’ to OFF is just not there!

All the external devices go through an audio system/receiver (Denon AVR-X3500H)

In answer to the issue of the TV losing the sound and the picture, is it related to the info banner poping up?

No, I don't think so. It's been an issue since the firmware update from SONY. And the issue isn't consistent.

I hope that helps and thank you for your insight.