Join now - be part of our community!

Google Assistant not working on AF9 TV

profile.country.GB.title
iaiabern
Explorer

Google Assistant not working on AF9 TV

Hi,

Looking for any help or suggestions. I've had a Sony AF9 TV since they first came out. Google Assistant worked fine. However it stopped working a while ago (maybe a year or two).

I have now got round to doing a full factory reset and started back up, doing only the minimum to get the TV setup again - ie signing in to my google account, saying yes to all prompts during setup, etc. Enabling OK Google detection.

However Google Assistant still is not working from any audio mechanism - saying "OK Google" gets no response from the TV not even the white LED indicator changing at all, pressing the mic on the remote does nothing, and when selecting the mic on the google assistant at the top of the home screen brings up the Google Assistant logo at the bottom on a black screen but then it pings and puts up a message saying "Can't reach Google Assistant at the moment".

Yet when I select the Google Assistant at the top of the home screen and use the "Click to type" option and (slowly!) type in a command, it does respond correctly and perform the action.

I've searched around and found little info, mostly people just needing to update their TV. My TV is on the latest version of firmware and the factory reset cleared all other apps and cached data. And I have another Sony Android TV (a couple of years newer than this one) in the house and it does the Google Assistant OK and it is on my google account and the same network. All my TVs and devices are hard wired to the network so there is no WiFi issues (indeed WiFi is disabled).

Any suggestions or information appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0