Join now - be part of our community!

Frustrating sound drop outs KD-55XG8505

profile.country.GB.title
Markyhud
Explorer

Frustrating sound drop outs KD-55XG8505

Purchased a KD-55XG8505 and HT-X8500 soundbar a few months ago. I’ve started to experience small sound drop outs of the odd second and think it’s isolated to watching Sky Q. I know this has been a Sky issue in the past but I think it’s TV related. It hasn’t been regular enough to troubleshoot properly and I have tried first Amazon basics HDMI cable and now monoprice ones. I have ferrite cores on all cables. I’ve checked all the sound settings on the TV. I’ve restarted the soundbar and Sky Q. The only thing that sorts it is restarting the TV. The TV firmware was updated a few weeks ago. 

I’m very disappointed to be honest. I’ve also got ongoing issues with very loud cracking noises due to thermal expansion and contraction of components and the casing that is currently being investigated by Sony and a local repair firm.

Has anyone experienced these sound drop outs?  It’s so intermittent and has no pattern to it. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It might be best to contact Sony support here.

Let us know what happens.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Hi,

It looks like so many people are having this issue.

TV: KD65XG9505

Soundbar: HT-ZF9

So, I had an almost identical issue with my ZF9. I called Sony and they advised me that they are aware of this and are in the process of releasing a new firmware.

I was getting this issue almost every time I ran a built-in app on the TV, such as Netflix, Disney+... I had to do a full restart of the TV to get the sound back.

After some kind advice here, I found that my eARC was turned off on the TV (for all my HDMI ports), albeit it was 'on' on the soundbar. Once I turned it on, it seems to have fixed the issue for me.

I hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Markyhud
Explorer

Interestingly when I have my EARC enabled a different sound issue appears. I get a delay in sound around 8 seconds and then on some sky q channels I get no sound. Once EARC is turned off this resolves it. 
I performed a full reset the other day and once the TV started up I noticed in the settings that pass through was set to off. I have left it Off and since then have had no sound drop outs. I still get Dolby Atmos via the soundbar so I’m ok with that. 
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for an update though. 

profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Sony has finally released a FW today.

Firmware update to v6.3632 Benefits and Improvements

• Improves sound loss and sound drops that occurred with HDMI ARC connected devices

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xg95xx_x95xxg-series/kd-65xg9505/download...

I hope it is of help to you.