Join now - be part of our community!

Dark patch on right of KD55XD7005BU screen

SOLVED
specchum
Explorer

Dark patch on right of KD55XD7005BU screen

I bought my KD55XD7005BU only a week ago, and there's a slight dark patch on the right of the screen which is only noticeable when the screen is light. Most of the time you can't see it.

Is this classed as a fault, or an acceptable condition for a TV such as this? Here's a pic of the screen: Dark patch on KD55XD7005BU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looks to me like DSE (see HERE for explaination) - if you are not happy, contact the retailer you purchased it from and arrange an exchange.

Cheers

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looks to me like DSE (see HERE for explaination) - if you are not happy, contact the retailer you purchased it from and arrange an exchange.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

"Unfortunately, there are no steps that can be taken to improve gray uniformity – it’s entirely down to the panel you get. If you find yourself with uniformity that you cannot live with, you should exchange your TV for a different unit, or even a different model."

The most possible cause according to this article is a bad Factory production line and Quality Check after assembly. A so expensive TV must go back for replacement. There is no sense in case of all KD55X7005BUs are made this way.

specchum
Explorer

Thanks foi the replies. DSE looks to be the culprit. I've raised an issue with Sony under the 5 year guarantee the TV came with, but I'm not happy with the the taken to do anything. After raising the ticket on this site I heard nothing for a few days bar the automated email reply. So I rang them and they emailed me some questions which I replied to. A few days later and no more actions from them, so I rang again yesterday. They said they hadn't got my email reply (how can you lose an email?). So I replied again, and am now waiting for their response. Not happy at all so far with Sony's customer service, it's pretty diaboloical.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @specchum

If you continue to get the run-around, please PM me the Case ID number and ill see what I can do.  In regards to DSE, there is not much Sony can do other than TV replacement, hence the reason why I suggested speaking to your retailer you purchased the TV from.

Cheers

specchum
Explorer

Thanks for getting the case escalated Quinnicus.

I was contacted by Sony on Monday afternoon, but couldn't answer the phone as I was driving. They also sent me an email which I replied to when I got home. I told them that I was now available for the rest of the day if they wanted to ring me again.

Tuesday morning I replied to the email again, saying I was available all day if wanted to ring me. Tuesday afternoon I rang them as they hadn't rang me. They confirmed they had got my emails, and I was assured that someone would contact me via phone in the next 24 hours.

That never happened. Pretty shameful service from Sony so far.

[EDIT] After ringing them again this morning I was told that an engineer would contact me within a day. I've just received a text saying that an engineer has been booked and will contact me soon. So progress at last.

profile.country.GB.title
paulwills82
New

hi,

i have the same problem with a KD-43x7052, purchased march 2021. the screen started showing patches about jan/feb of this year (2022). on contacting sony they claim its with the specifications of the screen!! complete bs. it is noticable at a distance and its progressively getting worse. this is the 3rd bravia i have brought over the years and the only one to ever develop a problem. hence i paid extra for the bravia name. the responce from customer service is beyond shocking. this will be the last time i buy a bravia tv if its not resolved.

paul

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi paulwills82, I can see that you already contacted Sony and they gave you their opinion, If you're still within the warranty send it for inspection (Charged at first) if it's faulty they are obligated to resolve it under warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
paulwills82
New

hello,

thanks for the reply. i have raised another faulty/repair ticket thingy with customer services, so far i have had the same reply asking for pictures. as i dont own a decent digital camera (my phone is an old blackberry) it is a pain to try borrow someones phone then copy pictures etc. i have just taken a couple of pictures to send them, even over the weekend the screen is getting darker in the effected areas, its more noticeable on certain colours, especially green when watching the snooker or football. as far as i remember they didnt offer to repair it even for a charge, as i think this could be worth just sending it off for repair as its clearly faulty when you look at it in person and trying to get the faults on camera is almost impossible. sorry for rambling on lol.

thanks for the reply, and fingers crossed it can get this resolved soon as i believe the year warrenty is up within the next 2 weeks.

regards

paul

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi Paul,

The customer support have to ask for clear pictures because they validate those pictures with a technical department I think so they can decide what is the best service they can offer. So, if you managed to get clear pictures showing the fault, that will make the whole process a lot faster trust me.

Hopefully, you'll get this resolved as soon as possible, good luck!