Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Alexa

Connecting Alexa

Hi having problems connecting AF9 to Alexa. I follow all instructions but Alexa cannot discover the TV. Does anyone else have this Problem

3 REPLIES 3
sudonim
Explorer

I have a different Sony TV and cant connect to Alexa, I have connected lots of devices to Alexa but the tv wont connect.  Having Googled it, it seems a very common problem.  If you look at the reviews of the Alexa skill everyone is complaining about it.  Guess we are going to have to wait for Sony to fix it.

profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

I have it connected (KD43XF8577) but for about the last two weeks everytime you issue a command it completes it and then Alexa says "Sony TV isn't responding - please check it's power and network connections".

Clearly something has happened with either the timeout or the callback and it's very frustrating but it does work (to a fashion) ...

But as other posters will atest it's definitely not the best written skill although to be honest when it works it's a game changer for simple things like turn on, volume up, change to channel X and turn off.

profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

Update: 29th January 2019

It seems the feedback to Sony/Amazon via the Alexa app has worked and as if by magic Alexa is now completing the command and saying 'OK' rather than telling me she can't find the TV that she just controlled!

Hooray!