Join now - be part of our community!

Channel editing on XF9005

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Channel editing on XF9005

Hi, Does anyone know why I can’t edit/sort the channel positions for the satellite channels on the tv directly rather than through the computer, as my MacBook won’t recognise the file type on the memory stick.

I can organise the freeview channels on the tv but the option for satellite channels is greyed out, which is strange because the option was available straight after the update on two occasions but greyed out after one attempt at organising the channels.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

In disk utility I can’t find the option to change the partition type when formatting the usb stick

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Thanks Rooobb, but can’t really make sense of that as I cant find “terminal” and not sure about naming partitions by number either.

Im sure I recall plugging in an external hdd once and it automatically gave me the guid or master boot record options. Im not sure why it isn’t now. Sorry if this is getting a bit frustrating but I’m not a computer buff, I’m more someone who just gets by.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

This example is done via the disk utility https://www.belightsoft.com/products/getbackup/GBHelp/cloning_formatting.html

be aware that it is referred t the system disk DON'T do it! it should be the same for an USB device, just change the partition schema to MBR

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Thanks Rooobb, I’ll give that a try.

Sony replied about the greyed out satellite channel sorting option and the advice was generic clear cache, soft reset, factory reset. A bit useless as I told them the issue is evident on all 8 of these tv’s that I have access to. Its clearly a firmware issue