Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia XBR-55x850D OTA channel guide not updating

profile.country.US.title
HamDAD1
Explorer

Bravia XBR-55x850D OTA channel guide not updating

I have a Sony Bravia XBR-55X850D HDTV which will not update the OTA antenna channel guide!! I have tried everything with no results. The channel guide is powered by Gracenote. The only channels which are providing information is local channel 12 (12.1, 12.2, 12.3). All other channels show "No program information" Now this is for the remaining 50 channels showing this. I can tune to each channel just fine but do not know what is the current program until I start watching. Again all the channel 12's show info for the next week.

Can anyone help in why this is happening?? It used to work fine but I think there was an update from Sony which is now blocking Gracenote from providing channel information.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi @HamDAD1  are you aware that you are in the UK community and you have a US TV? Features are very different

profile.country.US.title
HamDAD1
Explorer

Hi Rooobb,

Where does it indicate this is only a UK community ?? Yes I am in the US. Not sure if this TV is marketed there in the UK? If this is a UK site, how do I get to the USA site??

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not know if you should only guess on the domain .co.uk .... the US one address is https://us.community.sony.com/s/?language=en_US
The model you have has similar features to the one marketed in Europe but is a different product. Better ask in your own country
profile.country.US.title
HamDAD1
Explorer

I found the country setting at the bottom of the page, now set for US. Thanks for bringing this up !!