Join now - be part of our community!

BBC IPLAYER WILL NOT LOAD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
RECTORYBOB
Explorer

BBC IPLAYER WILL NOT LOAD

Hi,

I have just purchased a 49XE90005 TV and am in the process of setting it up, I cannot get any of the AppS to work. BBC IPlayer loads but when I select a program it fails to download coming up with a temporary error message, try again later. Neither ITV or 5OD work the latter reverting to my BT ISP page. 

All of these work on my Humax box however. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
RECTORYBOB
Explorer

Thanks for your response royabrown it certainly gave me some options to consider.

Got there eventually, although wireless was working fine for connectivity I also had to sign onto my ISP through the TV to get online. Simple really with hindsight!

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

How have you connected thecTV to the router - Ethernet cable or wifi?

Can you review the network settings on the TV to ensure you are connected to the router, or give an example of an internet service that is working for you on the TV?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
RECTORYBOB
Explorer

Thanks for your response royabrown it certainly gave me some options to consider.

Got there eventually, although wireless was working fine for connectivity I also had to sign onto my ISP through the TV to get online. Simple really with hindsight!

Thanks again.