Join now - be part of our community!

AndroidTV Bravia 2015 Videos app file navigation

Matija80
Explorer

AndroidTV Bravia 2015 Videos app file navigation

I'm a recent Sony Bravia W755C owner. It's comes preinstaled with simple Video app for playing files from USB drive.

My issue with the app is that it's interface is simply horrible. It presents videos like thumbnails with shortened titles and is impossible to navigate when there's a large amount of similarly titled videos in a folder. It's absolute UI nightmare. I can't find any options to change this to a list view with full titles (with scrolling if title doesn't fit) or something remotly useful.

On the other side bundled Videos app offers very fluid playback unlike other apps in the Store. Why is the user interface so primitive? Where are the options? My friend have older generation Samsung and LG sets which all have much better navigation. Is there something I'm missing? How to navigate large collections of video files from external drives?

2 REPLIES 2
Matija80
Explorer

In case anyone is interested I found a temporary solution.

I've installed ES File Explorer on my TV. It offers much better overview of files on your drives. It's easy to navigate with paired Sony's Quick remote app via smartphone. You can open videos using the default Sony Videos app on your TV right from the file explorer.

Not super elegant solution but better than navigation capabilities Sony offers in it's Videos app on a latest Bravia.

profile.country.GB.title
Uncle-Hefty
Explorer

I have looked for a resolution to this and come up blank.  I wanted to use the USB interface so that I could hold my movies locally rather than having to use either a NAS/Streaming solution (Expensive) or my current Macbook/AppleTV option (means me having my MBP on).  However the Video playback is so clunky and won't show all my movies so I, occasionally, have to swith to VLC.

If Sony can solve this then they might have a superb overall system - TV is brilliant but Apps less so.