Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.US.title
anwarsaheb64
Explorer

Hello there

I tried to update my sony oled fa8 by using usb,but was unable to do that as I got the message:this software can't be updated to this usb device!!! I used more than usb,with the same result,no updat!!please help.

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Oledtv
Explorer

I would wait until you get OTA Oreo update in U.K. models 

profile.country.GB.title
Oledtv
Explorer

Any one got the Oreo update in the Uk yet I’m still waiting for my 65 A1E 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I don't think I want it judging by some of the bugs being listed, I have disabled auto update for this reason.

Big show stopers for me:

• no 4K video playback via stock Video app
  • no multi-channel (passthrough) audio with stock Video app (and some others)

Any sign of these being resolved US side?

profile.country.GB.title
3l3ctronica
Explorer

I have done the same for the exact same reasons - I can live with a clunky interface but I can’t live with ‘Bugs/Errors’ that have been reported by multiple users after updating to Oreo & the associated System tweeks.
Cheers @M1K33EE
profile.country.GB.title
Oledtv
Explorer

Has the Dolby Vision (Netflix) been fixed it way to Dim currently on Android Nougat 

I can’t believe why Sony is taking so long for rolling out the update in U.K. and patch fixes 

profile.country.GB.title
Lerch82
Explorer

Good day

someone have found oreo updating for XE8596?

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Still nothing but fingers crossed for this week;)

profile.country.GB.title
novalu
Explorer

There is a new update available for US, Canada and Latin America released today. It looks like they've fixed bugs appeared in the first Oreo release.

Here is the article on Android Police or direct link to Sony support site.

Sadly, there is still no update on Europe support site. Does anyone know if it's possible to sideload US version to Europe TVs? Thanks. As some users wrote for previous firmware, I assume it's not possible :slight_smile:

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

@novalu wrote:

There is a new update available for US, Canada and Latin America released today. It looks like they've fixed bugs appeared in the first Oreo release.

Here is the article on Android Police or direct link to Sony support site.

Sadly, there is still no update on Europe support site. Does anyone know if it's possible to sideload US version to Europe TVs? Thanks. As some users wrote for previous firmware, I assume it's not possible :slight_smile:

Ofcourse not we have to wait for European firmware which will come never :((