Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

faheemrazzaq
Explorer

Amazon Video - Juddering Issues

I have upgraded my 55xd9305 yesterday and it proved to be a bad move. Since then a lot of judder specially on 4K stuff from Amazon and YouTube. It settles if left alone for couple of minutes. Clicking a buttong on remote such as volume or action will again introduce judder. I also noticed that while watching some 4K HDR on Amazon last night, the sound was out of sync with video as well. I hope a fix comes soon.

78 REPLIES 78
profile.country.GB.title
Jemboe
Explorer

Another XD9305 'user' here with Amazon streaming issues. No problems with the other apps on the TV, Netflix, Google Play all stream nicely. Doesn't matter if I use WiFi or LAN, problem is always there. Ihave a stable fibre connection of 50mbps

Prime app is very imtermittent, but more often than not, the stream will judder and the sound drops out, making it unwatchable. It's the same for HD & 4K content.

Some days it's worse than others. I use Prime on XBOX instead, but that won't allow me to purchase content.

Looking forward to this getting solved, is there anything I should do to raise this directly with Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
onesmallstep1966
Explorer

I’m an XE9305 user and have this issue too.  Trying to watch The Grand Tour in 4K is painful but I have a work around, the Amazon Prime app on my Sony X800 4K player works flawlessly, but Sony need to iron out the bugs on the TV app asap.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Amazon Video experience has always been bad on Sony ATV, but it has gotten much worse with Marshmallow. And Sony hasn't been doing anything about it in over a year. Total shame.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Its the total randomness I don't understand, sometimes its fine and other times I have to stop and start streams multiple times to clear it.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Same here. Sometimes I think they fixed something in the backend, but the other day it becomes unusable again.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

BTW, according to a user on German forums, new Prime Video for Android TV is currently in beta stage which is why you see it in the Play Store. But it is only available to some select people. Compatibility will be changed as soon as beta testing is finished.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

BTW, according to a user on German forums, new Prime Video for Android TV is currently in beta stage which is why you see it in the Play Store. But it is only available to some select people. Compatibility will be changed as soon as beta testing is finished.

I hope a new version does arrive to fix it, I am not holding my breath though. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
allencresswell

After all this time the Amazon app still judders.

Even the latest software update has failed to remedy it.

Makes no odds if it is 4k or standard def, the result is till the same.

Makes you wonder how a £50 Roku box doesn't suffer at all and yet a fairly expensive Sony TV can't get it right.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@allencresswell wrote:

After all this time the Amazon app still judders.

Even the latest software update has failed to remedy it.

Makes no odds if it is 4k or standard def, the result is till the same.

Makes you wonder how a £50 Roku box doesn't suffer at all and yet a fairly expensive Sony TV can't get it right.

I love the TV picture quality generally, really nice, I hate Android TV (or at least the fact Sony skimped on in and used this garbage mediatek thing). I made the mistake that because I have always had Android phones and they have been great, what could possibly be wrong with Android TV. LOL.

I think I get the judder more on the HD stuff than the 4K stuff to be honest.

profile.country.GB.title
paulmmmm
New

Another 55XD9305 here with stuttering on Amazon 4K HD streaming. It takes about 2 minutes to get started then the stuttering is not continuous but frequent enough to render a program like Grand Tour unwatchable.

The network speed is a reliable 37Mbs according to an app running on the TV.

An Amazon Fire box and a Sony X800 Bluray player have no trouble at all in 4K (same network, wired through a Netgear switch) but they are not HDR.

The fact that stuttering iincreases when you do something like alter settings suggests the processor is under powered. I have a Sony phone and a Sony tablet and both are great so I thought a Sony android TV would be good too but this Android TV is awful.