Join now - be part of our community!

55X85C 4k- HDMI Blank Screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

55X85C 4k- HDMI Blank Screen

HI Guys, As with a couple others some teething issues with the new 55x85c. I have everything connected using the ARC HDMI connection form the TV into My AMP. I have a couple issues with Black screen appearing when changing inputs although i do still always get sound. Last night i was playing around and SKY seems stable but every time i power on the PS4 and change input onmy AMP to this I get sound but a black screen. If i switch the HDMI cable to the TV HDMI input directly i see the picture. I have changed all the PS4 outputs etc but no joy. I also have seen he same issue on my Sony Blue Ray player last night. Is this the Old power off at the wall and on trick..or is there a reason for this? I powered off the TV and tried etc but just not the mains socket and im reading else where this may be a temp fix? I was able to use the PS4 the other night OK after randomly just messing about for 30 minutes but same issue occurred last night and its very frustrating!

5 REPLIES 5
NickCo1979

I've had this issue with my new 4K TV, see this link: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/td-p/1949079

It seems that until Sony fix it it's going to be a switching off and on exercise if you want to move the cables....

petsmart

thanks for that i did read this post but since my symptoms were not with the HDMI on the TV (they work fine) its only changing inputs via the Amp then i thought it was a little different and more to do with the signal coming into the TV via the HDMI ARC input.. lets hope the new firmware comes soon..

NickCo1979

Ah, apologies. I made the assumption it was a common error across all the new TVs. I'd guess it's related in someway given all the hdmi problems and would hope updated firmware will fix all these issues.

Let us know if / when you get it sorted, I'll merge it into the main issues thread if it helps everyone else :slight_smile: 

Cheers

Nick

petsmart

Bit more testing over the weekend a factory reset did not work.

I powered off at the mains and then went straight to the PS4 input over arc HDMI and the picture came up straight away- >switched using my Amp remote to sky input -> that was all ok -> switched back to ps4 and again and got sound but just a blank screen.

I have a call with sony later today so will report back.

profile.country.GB.title
Joger_Jones
Explorer

Just had a similar problem.

Connected bluetooth sub-woofer  to soundbar model htxf9000 to TV HTXF85 via ARC HDMI port as instructions on p 24 of manual, (but needing hard wire HDMI cable on talking to Sony), but on clicking "Finish" I was left with black screen with notice saying HDMI had no signal, and to check connections. Could not get rid of this screen with soundbar or TV remote. No sound either. After trying various things on the remotes turned whole system off for a few minutes then switched back on. Same black screen came up but with notice "No signal".  Checked aerial - nothing amiss - and after further messing around with remotes, eventually TV Home button options arrived on screen giving Apps available. Pressed TV button and the picture and sound came back on.

Worrying as I do not what I did to return system to normal - TV, soundbar and woofer now connected via bluetooth and operational.

System appears to have to have time to think - instruction manual says nothing on this.