Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
geoffs4

One day Sony might actually look at the user comments and deal with them.

I have a Panasonic sounbar and it works fine my old Sony was not compatible so i changed and having had the perrenial no EPG issue on the TV i decided to give Sone the old heave-Ho, been afan for years, but they are definitely low on my xmas list now!

COME ON SONY FIX YOUR PROBLEMS!

sgorman01
Explorer

HI THERE I AM IN PROCESS of dispute with sony i purchased the 2015 sony bravia lcd 55 inch smart tv in november the components melted inside tv and the motherboard caught fire 1 month ago..... customer service a joke still no tv as replacment and investigation under way in Japan .  i just want new tv ..If do abit of research you will see 1.6 millon of the 2011 model got recalled with same problem

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

I am thoroughly fed up with the slowdown and lag on these TV. Auto picture select still broken, 4K still broken these TV are junk.

Sick to the back teeth of all the lies Sony are spinning.

1. When is the next update?
  2. Will it fix the constant lag and slowdown?
  3. Will it fix 4k?
  4. Where is the promised 6.0 update?
  5. When will Amazon Prime get 5.1 sound?
  6. Why the lack of communication?

I am getting to the point where I will be looking to take legal advice. These TV have clearly been misold.

profile.country.GB.title
andipr

On a similar note to Sky Q issues does anyone know if these TV's have been verfiied as capable of displaying the new PS4 Pro output without judder at the correct resolutions?

Planning to upgrade to Sky Q and PS4 Pro, but not until I know the TV is fit for purpose.

My Model KD43X8309CBU
Brigante01

If anything it will likely be worse on the new PS4. On a PC running 4K@60hz it's completely unusable when the judder starts and until you power cycle the TV. So if the new PS4 runs at 60hz you'll likely see the same.

Wait for the next update and hope they'll fix it or get a new TV.

frankie1g

The pro is most probaby the only reason we are getting this fix.thank god. Other wise I think we would be left in the lerch 

Sent from my Samsung device
Al_Charles

I hope so, I have pre-order the PS4 Pro
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Risc0n

• The main problem is the lack of effective Support and mysticism on solutions that could help thousands of people with problems

The usual "solution" is the replacement wherever this is possible.

The real reason is the loss of brainpower and expert employees from 1999 to 2005. The middle-aged engineers and technicians that left, were the same ones that brought Sony to greatness before this period.

I don't know if I will buy a Sony TV again. Not because of my insignificant problems, but because of all those serious issues I read for other people that Sony insists not to solve for more than a year. And why does this Forum exist? Except from Forum Moderators, there should also be authorized Technicians giving solutions. Not only limited data knowledge but worthy Members.....

A digital camcorder or a home theater could be a future purchase, but not a TV....

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

"why does this Forum exist?"

Why? For sharing between users.

"Except from Forum Moderators, there should also be authorized Technicians giving solutions"

When Sony found communicate solutions to users Expert (Expert non Moderator), we don't work for Sony.

"A digital camcorder or a home theater could be a future purchase, but not a TV...."

Just because you bought a Sony TV, with other brands you think is different?

Problems exist and today even more than yesterday... It's a very difficult period for all.

Manolo

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

First of all, I don't dissagree with any of your answers. I know the purpose of this Forum.

As I told, there are Worthy Expert Users but there are not any Expert Sony Representatives - Technicians to help people. Expert Users do thousands of searching to help other people and this is really really great!!!

About other brandts, we all have other non famous brandts but most of them give instant support even if they are not famous firms. Being Famous does not give the right to ignore customers.