Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

And what model of TV and what FW. Thankfully My KD49X8309C dosen't switch ON by it's self, FW 3.395.

MrLizard

Try a reboot. Happens to mine once in a while. Fixes it for me.
ezeest

No I'm down in Sussex!

Sent from my iPad Pro
7-Zark-7
Explorer

Since coming home today (May 4th) my TV has started to drop sound.

At first I though it was was just being screwy so I did a 'restart' which restored the sound, for about a minute before it reduced itself to zero and indicated muting (small x next to volume level when slider came on screen).

Basically, it looks like it goes into 'mute' mode of its own accord.  Sound from the speakers is muted as is sound from the digital output to my amp.  Attempting to turn up the digital sound in the sound menu doesn't work - you can increase the slider from zero but the change doesn't take effect when you hit the centre button.

Once or twice after a restart it has lasted up to 5-10 mins before muting but typically the mute comes after about 1 minute post restart.

This is the first time the set has displayed this behaviour since I got it a few months ago and as far as I know, nothing has changed in my setup.  Unelss there has been a recent firmware upgrade without me knowing it.

My set is now virtually usless - I can neither watch my TV nor satellite box (as audio is routed via HDMI through the TV),  I can still use a couple of other devices which are routed via my A/V reciever.  ***** is going on, Sony?

Kevwoods12

I had audio to my denon soundbar connected via arc,  after the latest April update it won't work at all. I keep getting a message along the lines of connection to audio device is lost. After days of it like this and periodic times that it actually worked,  I connected the optical out to the denon. This works fine and even behaves like the arc connection,  in terms of auto on/off,  but it means I have to use the soundbar remote to control the volume. I'd prefer to just use the one remote but can't because I can't use arc. 

This needs addressing in the next update, (if we get one),  please Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Is hdmi cec enabled? If so turn it off.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@7-Zark-7 what kind of satellite box do you have? Are we talking about mysky? If yes it could be this device that make all your system unstable.... Try disconnecting it and if it works you may try disabling if possible CEC on it or if not possible buying and HDMI cable without the CEC pin

7-Zark-7
Explorer

Sorry - I meant to say cable box.  It's a Virgin V+ unit, connected via HDMI directly to the telly on HDMI2.  All my other HDMI kit goes through my A/V receiver so I can get audio that way.

I have now managed to get the TV to output digital audio via the TOSLink optical for the Freeview tuner so I can listen to Freeview TV  on the amp but the audio from the V+ doesn't get routerd - I had to go to 'Speakers' in the Audio menu and set them to 'Audio System'.  I also had to set 'Digital Audio Out' to Auto 1 ... Auto 2 and PCM don't produce any output.

The internal speakers are still muted no matter what setting I use and any attempt to adjust TV volume up or down on the TV remote shows the mute 'x' symbol when the volume slider comes onscreen. 

Unplugging the V+ box completely from the HDMI input doesn't make and difference to the TV behaviour of muting so I don't think it's some sort of random HDMI input issue.

emersondub
Explorer

X8307 49" TV - *Latest firmware installed for Republic of Ireland*

HDD registered and working.

Remote record scheduling does not function with Android Sideview mobile app when TV is in standby mode.

Tried restarting tv. Can schedule when on local network but not on 4g or another network. TV kept powered on and online by ethernet at all times. Hangs on "Connecting" message then "Unable to connect to KD-49x8307c. Retry after a while. Error code: ISQ_1002"

Registered with SonyNetwork to enable remote recording to no avail.

Scheduling seems possible when TV is on and displaying a channel.

DSAT for UK channels and DTT for Irish channels in use. I want to schedule recordings when I am in work to watch later..

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The problem could still be your denon rather than the TV.... commanding your soundbar should be possibile even if you use toslink rather then ARC since you still have the HDMI cable connected and it is CEC that is used for it not ARC.......