Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV(s) corrupting USB sticks

hankmarvin107

2015 Android TV(s) corrupting USB sticks

I have a 2015 KD9305c TV

As I have had many other faults, My Tv has been replaced with the same model and I have seen the issue below on different TVs so I know it’s not a one off TV issue.

I wanted to a USB stick connected to the TV which I have photos or homes videos of my kids/family on. When I got this TV I purchased a new Kingston 64Gig USB pen that was a good quality with good reviews for this purpose.

After a while the stick stopped working and was not readable in the TV or my PC. Sent it back, tested as faulty and got a new replacement (Same USB PEN model)

In the meantime my TV got switched with a new one, but same model.

After a few more weeks  I had the same problem with the 2nd new USB pen. Its then I started to think the TV may be partly to blame as two new USB sticks failing is rare. (I have used USB PENs for years and never had a problem before)

This time I thought I would use a PEN I had for a while which was very reliable.   Same, 3-4 weeks later corrupted.   This time no warranty on the pen as it was a few years old.

I am now to scared to leave a PEN connected and as I don’t use a NAS anymore have no access to my home media on my TV.

Has anyone else had an issue like this on their Android TV?

I have seen another thread about HDDs being powered even when in standby and this may be linked. Memory sticks are not designed to be written to over a certain NO of cycles, I wonder if the TV is doing something like that.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Did you try re creating partition for that drive?

Do this but be very carefull:

http://www.howtogeek.com/170794/ask-htg-how-can-i-reclaim-the-full-capacity-of-an-sd-card/

or

http://superuser.com/questions/640397/repairing-corrupted-pen-drive

You must be sure about the disk number.

hankmarvin107

Thanks for the reply.  I have a few partition tools.  None of them  recognise this drive. 

Whatever it is, the TV should not be causing it. 

profile.country.GB.title
TWLeebo

I have had the same thing happen to USB stick, and it doesn't show at all using any disk management tools. However, I have used multiple sticks and HDDs, and the problem has only occured once. Not sure that this info helps you, but you're not alone in the issue.