Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 960 fps

SOLVED
amd_2012
Visitor

Xperia 5 960 fps

Hi

I really interest to buy Xperia 5. Just wanna know one thing. From the specifications lots 960fps slow mo not showing on the Sony website. Just wanna know which slow mo feature is available for this device.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

Due to the change in image sensors, Xperia 5 supports slow motion at 120fps, but not Super slow motion at 960fps, it does however still support Predictive Capture.

I hope that answers everyones questions about both these features! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@amd_2012  I didn't check this on the phone in Berlin, but I suppose it should have as the same camera from the 1 is here as well. Will try to get some info on this.

alexdon
kenway
Visitor

HI XPERIA 5 does not have 960FPS
COMS has no DRAM

https://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4551/5404649/1/

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

According to all preview's it has the EXACT same camera as on the X1, so you would think that it has 960fps

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Yeah it seems a bit strange that they would omit that, but it appears from that interview with the Sony team, they have used different sensors, with no memory onboard to deal with the slo-mo.

Different lenses, different layout positions, and all upgrades(well "new" features), are all software based, and are coming to the 1.

It's not the first place I've read that from someone who has spoken to officials.

Strange if true though, as you would have thought it's just a mid sized "1".

tomo100brt
Visitor

https://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4551/5404649/1/

Well this is not proof. GSMArena says that XPERIA 5 has 960fps slow motion video. So, whome to trust?

I think it has 960fps slow motion video.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Guys, I will revert with official information when I have it @tomo100brt @RottenFoxBreath @GilgameshUK @amd_2012 @kenway 

alexdon
pressefr
Contributor

Uhh yea, it should be, the icon shows up after you click; mode > activate super slow motion.

• The icon shows on the left in both on photo and video. When you click it, it's a video interface.

Here what's my Xperia 1 shows:

Screenshot_20190911-111757.pngScreenshot_20190911-111751.pngScreenshot_20190911-111809.pngsketch-1568219081131.png

SuperHot
Visitor

Hi,

960fps is not present on the full specification sheet on Sony Mobile website, neither is predictive capture. Could you clarify if this feature is available on Xperia 5 please? Thank you so much

ds2mph
Visitor

It does not support hardware-based 960 fps super slow-mo on Xperia 5 because it does not have CMOS sensor with DRAM. (Exmor RS IMX563)

Also it does not support software-based 960fps super slow-mo (Chinese phones which have IMX586, IMX600 without DRAM use this method) 

However it can shoot 720p 120fps slow-mo same as previous Xperia smartphones while others(Galaxy,iPhone) support 1080p@240fps slow-mo shooting.  Rolling_on_the_Floor_laughing

RIP Clear bass, Clear Audio+, Dynamic normalizer, VPT, 960fps slow-mo