Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1, open app button not working?

SOLVED
JP_Tsero
Visitor

Xperia 1, open app button not working?

Since the last update the button at the bottom right corner will let me select it, it will open the app view screen but its completely blank... Csnt do nothing except home/back button out of it.

Now its not a phone breaking bug but it has pretty much destroyed my battery life as i i cann shut down apps unless i restart the phone.

Has anyone else had this issue, hopefully there is a fix if not how long would it take roughly for a patch to be released? (I know it can take awhile)

P.s. also considering the xperia 1 was supposed to be the top of the range how come its not under the associated products list? New to this forum so i might be missing something there Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @JP_Tsero 

It's not a bug, it's Android 10.

You can choose different ways of navigation.

Goto settings and type 'system'

You will see System navigation.

Tap on it and experiment.

One thing:

When you choose 3-button navigation the option for split screen will not be there anymore.

That is what Google has decided.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @JP_Tsero 

One thing:

When you choose 3-button navigation the option for split screen will not be there anymore.

azzido
Enthusiast

Why google is so stupid???

Alexei_Drekker
Visitor

It is a bug. I don't think Sony is going to fix this any time soon. The only way around it is to change your navigation mode to two button or the gesture navigation (Only for in-built launcher). 

JP_Tsero
Visitor

@Strampke wrote:

Hi @JP_Tsero 

One thing:

I have done, the one thing which i forgot to count in as a possible mess up is the launcher im using, which after some playing around it isnt the standard one playing up.

Thanks everyone for some pointers and some thoughts on my issue, but it isnt to do with sony 😊 its to do with CM launcher meshing with the update

And yeah google isnt always great... But at least they done better than microsoft 🤣

JP_Tsero
Visitor

Quoted:

P.s. also considering the xperia 1 was supposed to be the top of the range how come its not under the associated products list? New to this forum so i might be missing something there Slightly smiling Face

Any1 got any ideas on that?